Level Sequencer calls Tick() many times when Path Tracer is used

We have noticed that when we enable Path Tracer as renderer in Level Sequencer >> Capture Movie >> [Render Movie Settings / Cinematic] Path Tracer, Tick(float deltaTime) functions get called several times per frame.

It might be related to Tick being somehow out of sync with frame rendering, because we understand that Path Tracer renders several subframes for each final frame. It might explain why we see tick being called several times while a final Path Tracer frame is generated, which does not happen when Path Tracer is disabled.

We have also noticed that once Path Tracer is checked for the first time, Tick gets called many times per frame even after we uncheck the Path Tracer checkbox.

Is this a known issue? How can we go about updating our delta times if not via Tick when using Path Tracer on Level Sequencer >> Capture Movie?

I post here the answer I got via email for reference:

"Ok, I got some info. The answer is that motion blur in the path tracer doesn’t work from the old batch render pipeline (“Render Movie Settings” gui). You need to use the Movie Render Queue. Are you familiar with it? There is documentation here:

MRQ knows how to deal with tick timing so that it works with the path tracer and the specified number of time samples."