Level Merging is Broken

You can no merge 2 levels using level tool.

1. Create 2 levels each with an actor in it
  2. Create a third level and using level window add 2 other levels to it
  3. Save third level
  4. Select 2 sub-levels in level window and attempt to merge them (Levels->Merge)
  5. You will be asked to name new merged level, do so and continue

You will find resulting operation has removed only one of your old levels, and added a new level that does not contain contents of two source ones.

Hey ,

Which version of engine are you using? Level Merging is no longer a feature after World Browser was taken out of Experimental and turned into World Composition. As of 4.3, moving assets between levels is done directly by selecting assets (right click on level or levels and Select Actors) and then move them to desired level (right click > Move Selected Actors to Level).

Hi ,

option is still available in 4.5 if you do not enable world composition on map. So it looks like that button needs to be removed.

work flow you described does work so i’ll do that instead.

Thanks

/ Kyle

Ah, I see that now. You’re correct, that still exists when World Composition is not enabled, and it isn’t working. I have entered a bug report in our system for developers to look at (UE-4791).

I’m glad that workflow will work for you, but I will also let you know if they decide to fix this rather than remove option. Thanks for report!

Hey ,

Just wanted to give you an update that this issue has been fixed internally, and should be working as expected in 4.7. developers decided not to remove button, so you’ll be able to use that method to merge levels again.

Thanks for update .