Level Management for Virtual Production

Hello,

I am looking for a way to solve a common issue when working with levels in Virtual Production. For our shoots we create a master “set level” that gets loaded as a sub level into our currently open “take” level. This works as expected. The Set is contained in its own level and not polluted with actors that don’t need to be shared across scenes (like cameras, characters, etc) and are in turn loaded in their own sub levels (like light kits, etc).

In the case where something needs to be moved in the set level (like when a director/DP wants to compose a shot on set), I am looking for a what’s the best way to manage the changes so they don’t propagate back into the sub level and only persist in the current “take” level. This way the take level can easily be matched up with it’s matching take on the set.

I thought I remembered a way to do this without having to make copies and copies of sub levels but can’t find it.

I’m open to ideas how to better manage this than the way we are now.

Thanks,
G

Would Level Snapshots work for you?

I think that might be exactly what I am looking for. I’m reading into it now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.