level instance question

I have looked for answers but my question may either be too vague or too specific. I am hoping asking a living person can help me understand which end of it I am on.

why can some levels be brought into your level and then be broken (Break) and others don’t even give the option?

incase the answer doesn’t include it, follow up question; How would I go about changing a level so that the break option WOULD be allowed?

and for context, if needed as I am unsure of how complicated my question may actually be.

I am creating a level which is an apartment/house that has a lower level of a “hideout” and I used the free asset from last month “Safehouse” level as a starting point for the hideout portion of it. Now I want to bring that safehouse level into (lets call it) my “Apartment” level, it does work, However I have to keep switching between editing the Safehouse level or the Apartment level. Which is frustrating me.

I have been able to bring other levels into my project levels, and it allows for me to “Break” them, which is incredibly useful, and time saving. But I have noticed that some levels don’t give this option. But I cannot find, for the life of me, how to change it.

someone on a discord channel was able to share this with me, I will leave it here as it may help others in the future…

The “Break” option is usually related to instances of a level. If you’ve instantiated a sublevel, you can break that instance apart, essentially merging its contents into the main level. However, not all sublevels are instances; some are just references. If a sublevel is merely referenced, you can’t break it apart in the same way.
[12:18 PM]
If you want to make a level that can be broken like this, open the main level. Go to the levels window, add sublevels, in the levels window, right-click on the sublevel and convert it to an instance.

If you simply want to merge the two levels, you can do this:
Open the “Apartment” level.
Go to “File” > “Merge” in the main menu.
Choose the “Safehouse” level to merge it into the “Apartment” level.
[12:20 PM]
That’s about all I could find after researching it for 10 minutes. I hope it helps.