We are looking for some level designers to help us flesh out our worlds and create new ones, this is a remote position and paid by the hour.
Mankind Reborn is a cyberpunk MMORPG that is entirely player-driven, 8 factions fight for control of the galaxy in a single persistent universe, skill-based real-time combat, full-loot drops on death, player-based economy, faction & government politics, the game is heavily influenced by old school sci-fi MMORPGs like Face of Mankind, Neocron, Star Wars Galaxies, etc.
It’s currently in pre-alpha and already playable, we have a huge community and a consistent small playerbase and looking to hit alpha by the end of the year or Q1 2021. By then we’ll be looking at additional funding to scale the team further.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Intermediate-skilled level designers (You just need to build levels with the given assets), mainly last year college students or uprising level designers looking to get a solid game on their portfolio, pay will be $15/h due to limited budget.
- 2+ years of experience with Unreal Engine 4, must understand most level design tools and workflows, things like applying LODs, building landscapes, modifying collisions, etc.
- Must be proficient in English, both verbally and written.
- Must have basic knowledge of materials.
- Must be familiar with Allar’s UE4 style guide
- Must have worked on previous projects before.
- Passionate about your craft and always wanting to improve.
- A consistent and meticulous worker, obsessed over the smallest details.
- A love for sci-fi and enjoying the process of building worlds and a universe that a hardcore and passionate community will be living in.
- Must have a portfolio, please.
- Chilled and laidback attitude.
If you’re a skilled, auto-didactic level designer who’s wanting to break into the industry, send me an email to [EMAIL=“firstname.lastname@example.org”]email@example.com with your portfolio, and let’s chat.