THE THIRD FLOOR, Inc. is the world’s pre-eminent visualization company with offices in Los Angeles and London as well as on location with productions around the world. Since 2004, the studio has helped clients visualize and maximize content by producing computer-animated blueprints, known as “previsualizations”. Recent film and television projects THE THIRD FLOOR has worked on include The Martian, Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation, Marvel’s Ant-Man, San Andreas, Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron, Mad Max: Fury Road, Maleficent, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Edge of Tomorrow, Guardians of the Galaxy and Game of Thrones Seasons 4 and 5.
The Third Floor London is looking for a Level Designer to help design and develop mechanics and interfaces for high profile VR and Film related projects. The role will be hands-on with the Unreal Engine producing original content.
- Authoring and maintaining game and level design documentation including – but not limited to – storyboards, mechanics, UI flow, level layouts and mission outlines.
- Be an active part of the design team with regards to mechanics, story, missions, best practices, and all other elements of the game and level design.
- Create game objects and templates for use across multiple projects.
- Design complete levels / interactions from paper, through prototyping, to completion, with direction from Leads.
- Communicate level concepts and requirements to the team.
- Gameplay and experience tuning for pace, mood, user experience, and playability.
- Unreal 4 experience, including level blockout, blueprint, particle effects, and matinee.
- The ability to design and prototype levels from scratch.
- Experience documenting and communicating ideas to the team.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop.
- Working knowledge of Maya.
- Experience with the Unreal Engine.
- Proven games industry experience, including a design credit on at least one published title.
- Experience with VR an advantage.
- Able to think creatively and resolve technical challenges and limitations
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, both on a technical and creative basis
- Proven attention to detail and focus on quality
- Demonstrate a logical thought process to problem solving
- Strong eye for detai
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply through our website Careers page here: THE THIRD FLOOR
Only successful applicants will be contacted.