Level background

What’s the best way to make a background that fills in the blank black space with a city? Not actually models, just an image?
I’ve seen videos of using a sphere image to create the background, but the issue is then I can’t use my skylight/directional light, which I want to use. Thank you for any help!

1 Like

I know I can generate a landscape… but I want to use an image of a medieval city or something… you won’t be able to explore out of the arena, but I just want somesort of back drop

what you want to cover is the bottom space of the world so instead a giant sphere with reversed normals you can actually use a giant hemisphere (the south part :slight_smile: )

Hey Eldany, thanks for getting back to me!
Yes, that sounds exactly what I’m looking for! Do you have a quick rundown on how I implement it? Appreciate the help!

just get a mesh object of the hemisphere with the flipped normals and drop it in the scene at 0,0,0 with a big scale…you can disable stuff like collisions etc as it will be just cosmetic…then assign some material with the look you want to achieve

if you dont know or dont have access to a 3d software (like blender?) I can provide you the hemisphere…its very simple to do!

Best,
Dany

1 Like

awe, that makes sense, thank you! I do have blender and I think I get what your sawing and should be pretty easy - apprecaite it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.