Hi, I’m a musician, and I was wondering what developers typically look for in music? I’m currently working on music for a game, but it’s development process is slow and it’s in the early stages so I want to branch out and work on some content for the unreal market place. If at all possible, it would be of great interest to me, and to other musicians that might see this thread if you could answer the following questions.
- What kind of experience do you have working with musicians?
- How much do you typically spend on music, or are willing to spend on music?
- What sort of threshold do you work with when finding the balance between quality and value? Like, would you be willing to pay more if the content was of exceptional quality, or would you rather find the best deal?
- What do you wish to see more of in the marketplace for music and sound design?
- What would you like to see in music or sound in the marketplace to have you rate the quality as 9/10 (or even 10/10)
I’ve been doing a lot of research, such as seeing what is currently in the marketplace. I’ve been reviewing and rating what is currently there, and it has ranged from 6/10 to 9/10, no 10/10 yet, but I guess if someone was making 10/10 content they’d be working in a AAA studio.
Currently I am considering producing a series of music and appropriate sound effects and transitional elements of a specific theme. Rather then trying to create something generic, I’d prefer to make the content for a hypothetical game, and give the music unique characteristics for that game. Currently I am working on the theme of “a horror game set in hell”. Does that kind of content interest anyone?