Let's talk about lobby images

Are all lobby images auto-rejected?

Why is the entire publishing process so frustrating and cumbersome? It’s very demoralizing when you work on a creative map for a month then you finally go to publish and your map fails approval because Fortnite thinks your lobby image is offensive.

I’ve tried uploading a screenshot of my own game as the lobby image and it gets rejected. I’ve tried using a blank background with a logo I created and it gets rejected.

If lobby images can’t pass approval because some AI bot thinks it’s offensive, just remove the option to upload lobby images altogether.

And the worst part about this is thumbnail images seem to not be regulated AT ALL. I see all kinds of copyright infringement and offensive things portrayed in thumbnails that obviously aren’t getting flagged.

Rant over.

Thank you, please fix this.

Here is a link to
Intellectual Property (IP) and DMCA Guidelines for Fortnite Island Creators

The content you create, publish, or use cannot infringe or violate someone else’s rights, including their intellectual property rights (such as by infringing another’s copyright or trademark). You must own or have obtained the necessary rights to share and publish the content. If you are a team owner, even if another member of your team made or imported infringing content, you are responsible for the content that is published.

Any license of the content must be broad enough to grant Epic a license consistent with the Fortnite Island Creator Rules. Please note that content that is blocked by our audio filter, which is intended to keep infringing content out of Fortnite, cannot be published at this time, even if you have otherwise obtained a license.

Even if third-party intellectual property otherwise exists in Fortnite (such as Locker items and Characters based on movie or TV characters), you do not have the right to use that content to create your island without a separate license from that third party.

Lobby Background Image Guidelines | Fortnite Creative Documentation | Epic Developer Community (epicgames.com)

Thumbnail Image Guidelines for Discover | Fortnite Creative Documentation | Epic Developer Community (epicgames.com)

Making Thumbnails and Videos | Fortnite Creative Documentation | Epic Developer Community (epicgames.com)

Possibly they filled in the boxes in a way that the Moderator was happy with

Sorry if pointing to documentation but everything has to attempt to meet standards

1 Like