Let's chat in IRC @

I haven’t seen that happen much but please send me the names if you see it.

Lets join IRC guys :slight_smile:

Up!! Come on guys, lets chat in IRC!

Up :slight_smile: Join us in IRC.

Up topic! Up topic!

Up and up! And up

The chat is not that good. Last time I was on got no real help.

Well I see people helping and getting help all the time on the channel.

Up up up! Up up up!

Join us in IRC guys :slight_smile:

The thing about IRC is that it’s not really “real time”. A lot of the time people are “idling” - just sitting in the channel, not doing much. We’ve got quite a big channel, so most of the time there’s active conversation and people available to help… but, sometimes, there are not. And, if there are people talking, they might not be able to help with your specific problem. There’s a lot of great talent and helpful people in IRC. If you’re patient, somebody will, eventually, help you with your problem. If nobody is available, try a different hour.

That being said, some problems are very specific/niche and not many encounter them. Obscure mobile bugs or deep rendering pipeline issues, for instance, are generally beyond the scope of most people’s experience and you may be out of luck without help from actual Epic employees.

I’ve been in the channel for about 4 months now and I’ve learned quite a bit from the conversations and random problems people come up with. There’s no better place to learn the intricacies of UE4.

It depends really. Occasionally a problem might get solved collectively by 5-6 people in minutes, and sometimes there’s just no one around who has a solution. Just gotta have patience.

IRC’s still going strong. Pop by and have a chat! :slight_smile:

lol channel is growing guys!! 217 users right now!

Hey guys just bumping this topic!

Hey guys! Join us in IRC :smiley:

No better place to get help with the latest 4.7 release issues!

We now have like 200+ users all day long! Come join :slight_smile:

Want to discuss the latest at the GDC? Come join us in IRC!

This thread deserved a bump, don’t you think? :slight_smile:

how do I join GameSurge #UDKC?