Legion [Steam]

For more information on Legion: The Eternal War, visit http://www.legioneternalwar.com/ for galleries, samples, and promotional materials pertaining to the project.
Email: [EMAIL=“support@legioneternalwar.com”]support@legioneternalwar.com - Project Email
Discord: Discord - Discord Channel
Legion: The Eternal War - lore (version 1) - YouTube – Game Trailer (MOCK-UP)

Title: Legion: The Eternal War

Developer: Nexus Division

Platform: Steam

Genre: MMORPG / Online RPG / Competitive PvP

We are currently seeking motivated team members everyone is welcome to apply.
If you have good talent to offer this team then please apply, We will respond and see if we can find a place for your talents.

Background:

Legion: The Eternal War is an MMORPG in which players create their characters, join alliances, and go to battle in a competitive environment. The fantasy world is wholly original, custom-made, and ready to transport the PC Gamer to a realm of magic and legend. The game will be filled with entertaining stories, rewarding progression systems, and refined mechanics. All of this is presented to produce a memorable experience highlighted by social interaction and nail-biting tension.

Development:

Legion: The Eternal War is being developed by Nexus Division, an independent coalition of [X] individuals including programmers, animators, artists, and writers with respectable experience in their fields. While the game is still early in development, a wealth of progress has already been made, and the game is already available on Steam for limited access testing. Over 3,000 testers have registered for game keys, the Nexus Division website has over 11,000 views, and the project has already been publicized via a news outlet. As demonstrated by the game’s growing community, the developing project is already generating interest in the public.

Mechanics

Legion: The Eternal War will have two primary divisions of gameplay that dynamically interweave with each other: PvE and PvE. All of this will be unified by a distinct universal combat system. This gameplay will be crucial to the game’s success since much of the experience can only be founded upon a properly programmed system. Fortunately, much of this system has been outlined and prepared, and some of it has been implemented within early testing builds.

PvE:

Once obtaining an objective, playing a quest, or just roaming free, players will engage in combat with monsters and villains across the game’s world. These obstacles are mostly minor, only spiking in difficulty for special events or story-based enemies, but they will prove as excellent practice for battling other players. Other gameplay challenges include exploration, navigation, platforming, and interaction with NPCs.

PvP:

Player vs. player combat is planned to be as dynamic as possible. Not only with the combat system be used to great effect to produce skirmishes throughout the map, Legion has plenty of avenues for players to compete against each other. Players can form guilds and coordinate their battles against their opposing alliances. They can take and hold castles, or they can siege those held by their enemies. If they want a strict, one-v-one duel, they can duke out their battles in the Thunder-dome, where other players can observe, cheer them on, and possibly even place bets.

Combat:

Legion’s combat system is a rotation of melee combat, ranged combat, and magical combat. Players equip armor, assign abilities to their hot bar, and exercise the mechanics to the best of their ability. The object of the game is strategy; if a player is proficient and tactical about their approach to combat, they should be able to take on higher-level opponents with better gear.

Story

The plot of Legion: The Eternal War is a bold endeavor, in the sense that the game will include a hybrid of storytelling techniques. While there are linear, streamlined sections for certain sections of the experience, much of the story is told via world-building and social features. Players will experience the story of Legion together, as a community, but no single one of them will have the same play-through. Each player will enter the experience with their own interactions with the compelling side quests, their own engagements with the intricate world, and their own challenges battling their most fearsome opponents: other players.

Alliances:

Legion’s Alliance system will be driving force; the entire premise of the game in all aspects. The population (consisting of both PCs and NPCs) is divided into two sides: the humans and the elves. In the final, release version of the game, players will begin as neutral “traveler” characters–refugees from a foreign territory. They will spend the opening hours of the game learning about the two sides, understanding the conflict, deciding which alliance they wish to join. When they make their decision, they commit to one side in the game’s conflict. This decides their role in PvP, PvE, and the overarching narrative.

Main Story:

The primary plotline of Legion centers around premise, incorporating strengths into narrative. Since the primary draw of the game is PvP in a traditional fantasy setting, the narrative focus surrounds the two alliances battling for control of the magical power at the center of their land. Players are then motivated by the story to engage in the gameplay to explore the environment. They will fight for their side and uncover the mystery and intrigue at the center of the story in an organic, thrilling narrative.

Lore:

Setting up the game’s story requires a rich history, one that establishes all of the pieces of the game’s world for the player to enjoy. Lore for more than sixty years of in-game backstory has been outlined and implemented within the Legion’s narrative and environment, shaping the game’s design in numerous ways. Every aspect of the world, from population to landscape, from combat to themes, from music to monsters, has a story-based purpose for existing.

Environment

The continent featured as the main location for the game, Rhyfell, is a land divided in more ways than one. Physically, a mountainous Rift has split the land into two halves. As for people, they are divided into the land’s eastern and western sides based upon their alliances. Nexus Division’s level designers have already begun building a grand environment, rife with riveting details and creative aesthetics. Beyond this progress, the game’s world is fleshed out even fuller with purposeful NPCs and robust supplemental features, both of which enhance the overall gaming experience.

Locations:

A prominent trait of Rhyfell is that it consists of a variety of different biomes. As aforementioned, there are two halves to the land. Each horizontal sector is unique and layered from north to south with varying landscapes including tundras, deserts, swamps, jungles, and plains. The inhabitants of the land also vary this environment; settlements, roads, and battlegrounds will be integrated within the territory. Every area has own backstory, identity, and purpose within the gameplay.

NPCs:

The NPCs in this game will not only visually appear different from each other, but they also will carry their own personalities with them. Each of the essential NPCs is meticulously written with dialogue crafted specifically for their role in the players’ experiences. The dialogue is split into two parts: default dialogue–the dialogue that NPCs have with any player at any time–and quest dialogue–the dialogue that propels the stories of Legion forward.

Supplemental Features:

Beneath the primary mechanics and story beats are foundational features of the game that both support the gameplay and enrich the story. Planned features for specific towns include a market economy, a central banking system, and a dueling arena. These basic activities and functions are foundational to the Legion’s experience, supporting the game’s overall functionality and creativity through environmental world-building.

Entertainment Value

Possibly the most promising aspect of Legion’s early development is that the game has already developed a sizeable following. This not only helps promote our project and garner beneficial assistance, but it also establishes a developer-community relationship. Understanding the project’s target audience will inevitably enhance the quality of the game and focus the business proceedings of the Nexus Division.

Target Audience:

Legion is designed to appeal to fans of science fiction and fantasy within the gaming sphere. It is an attempt to appeal to fans of subscription-free MMO titles. With the competitive atmosphere and social interactivity, the game is also targeting groups of individuals wishing to play together as a team, testing their skills against other contenders. The rating we are targeting is TEEN. Content is generally suitable for ages 13 and up. May contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling and/or infrequent use of strong language

Intended Impact:

If Legion: The Eternal War is successful (and based on growing following, it should be), it will serve as a hub for players to interact with friends, battle against opponents, and experience a world of fantasy and magic. Story fans could investigate the narrative. Completionists could explore what the land has to offer. Social gamers could make allies, and competitive players could make find new challenges. This title should service many members of the Steam community, and serve as a project of which small team of independent developers could be proud.

**External Resources **
https://www.gameindustrycareerguide…ame-writer-do/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_…Level_creation

For more information on Legion: The Eternal War, visit http://www.legioneternalwar.com/ for galleries, samples, and promotional materials pertaining to the project.
Email: [EMAIL=“codylegge@hotmail.ca”]codylegge@hotmail.ca - Project Manager Email
Discord: Discord - Discord Channel
Legion: The Eternal War - lore (version 1) - YouTube – Game Trailer (MOCK-UP)

I sent an email for being an Environment Artist hope I can help out.

Message sent, thanks

Thanks for your interest.

Sent you an email

Emali sent ! add me on Discord too : lamine250#1058

I have sent you a message

To get serious response it would help if you would indicate the range of budget for each position. Otherwise people might assume youre just a kid with dreams offering pocket-money, you know?

Hi this is Félix I´m a professional animator/rigger looking for my next project.

This year I´ve worked for GenDesign (Last Guardian, Shadow of the Colossus) new game´s prototype and Instinct games (Ark survival Evolved)

Here is my reel (unfortunatelly I cant upload my work from this years projects since they haven´t been released yet)

[https://vimeo.com/261599205

Password: itsmemario](https://vimeo.com/261599205)

(My rigging skills are focused for game characters, including weapons, cloths, and a setup animator friendly. Unfortunately I´m not able to
make complex facial riggs)

If you have any question dont hesitate sending a message

If you have any question dont hesitate sending me a message,

Félix

Cross Posted @ Upwork.com

We think we can add tremendous value to your development pipeline and have experts in all the needed positions apart from SEO.

An email has been sent to you and we have also joined your discord server too!

I have joined your discord server. Looking for someone to speak to about joining the job. To be clear this is still PAID right? Not royalty?

Post Edited with new information regarding the positions.

Bumping this post to receive more activity from the community.

I would to apply as environment artist

Still in search for a great 2D artist.

Still actively seeking members

Hi Cody,

Sent an email.

Music Composer, Sound Designer, Technical Audio Implementer

I sent you a message

Sound designer here. Sending you an email :slight_smile: