Legends of Gyo RPG

Still in need of another dedicated blueprint programmer. Also need another 3D artist.

I have just updated the thread as it was very out of date. We still need positions filled from the list, thanks!

Our top priority at this moment is another Blueprint Coder and level Designer. Plus we can still use more positions filled as per the OP list.

More of a theoretical question, because i am rich enough and need no extra money:
How do you plan to share profit?
When your team is filled you have 29 payed positions, standard is 3% from profit?
How do you calculate such things, because running that game is not cheap (serverstructure).
If you setup a big project like that, then you have big advertise and marketing costs too.
Unreal gets their 5% too when it is a sucess.
I like the project, but i could not understand, how that should become profitable for the team?
When you want to place it in the AAA+ category, then things go expensive quick.

We are not aiming for AAA. AAA is not considered by price or looks of a game but marketable reach it has and revenue it generates for the company. But were not aiming for that. We are taking it in steps. First step is our demo to be released this Winter. As for the teams compensation and our marketing we have plans in the works for marketing and advertising that are feasible to us Indies. Social media, Youtube, crowdfunding like Kickstarter, and ad campaigns.

For compensation it is performance by percent based. You get what you put in from what funding we generate with us still making sure we cover server costs, licenses for future software and hardware we need, and company related stuff. Then we start putting back for a overhead pool that is nice to have for future delays, outsourcing we may need, or any new positions we may need filled.

Some of our team is doing it for the passion, the fun, for a portfolio builder, and some for the hopes we make it big but still realize the fall is just as real.

For an above example if we get funded $20,000 the 3D artist and programmers will get the most percentage as they put in the most work on the project, lets say we have one of each and they both get say 7%, that’s 14% gone now. Well we have to cover Unreal’s 5% so were down 19% now. You also have to put back 20% for overhead for future issues, outsourcing. Now we are down 39%. We have 61% left and there is still 7 members left to pay, well lets say each one gets 2% that’s another 14% gone. We are 53% down now. 10% will now pay for marketing ad campaigns. We are now left with 37%, and 15% will cover monthly server costs. We have now only 22% left. Since we have a bit left over after all our monthly costs are covered we can purchase team licenses to software, buy team any new Pc hardware as we need it, cover any outsourcing, put it back into our overhead pool, etc.

Now these percentages will go up and down depending on the actual $ amount behind them. The team realizes even if we get successful we can still have slow months and sometimes huge months. But later on if we do well we hope to switch from revenue share to wage based. Time will tell and the project will generate what it will generate, we are working hard and like a well oiled machine right now.

But if you have anymore concerns or questions just PM or Skype me so we don’t clutter this thread up. :slight_smile:

I asked you per pm, but got no answer about my question, then i ask here.
Hmm about your calculation.
The KS money is for the targets you set for the campaign and it would be a bad idea, to pay bills with that cash from the past, or not?
Backers do not like that.
When you set a target on KS - “above 20.000 we buy team some equip”, and reach that, you can do that, otherwise not.
In your calculation are only 9 ppl, but when the team is filled with 29…
Sometimes ppl leave team, but still get revenue from project.
20.000 is nothing with a team of 9, aside all other costs, because you have to speed things up, when backed.
Then the artists need to work fulltime, or you need more of them.
15% of 20.000 is not much for serverstructure for a multiplayergame, when you pay/rent an EC2 from amazon(for example) roundabout 1 buck per hour (could easy go up very high).
Advertising and a well planned(!) marketing campaign eat up more percentage quick.
You forgot about taxes and some other positions.
Best regards

I received no PM, also my above post was an example and Kickstarter is exactly meant to pay for the development of the project, so yes it is a good idea. Also yes team members do come in go, as many have lives outside of game design and need funds to make ends meet. So usually its a roller coaster until that time times.

Were not making a $50 million game here like I mentioned earlier. We will work on and maintain was feel feel as a team within our capabilities and exceed those limits when we have the resources to do so. But again these are better left in PMs, or elsewhere as its shifting the focus of my thread and its actual purpose for recruitment.

Still need some positions filled thanks!

We still have positions needing filled, thanks!

We are still looking for some more people. We are moving forward to getting a demo out in November.

Level Designer here, I mostly have experience in UE2/3, but learning UE4 now.

Let me know if you are still in need of a level designer.

We have one right now but he does need help, sharing the work load would speed up production for sure, we are only working on our demo map for now so its not really overwhelming so if you have Skype add me, thanks!

Hello I’m a blueprint programmer, unfortunately I don’t have a very impressive resume but I’ve got a lot of experience, 6 years in C++ and 1 in blueprint and am willing to work until the finish even if i have to work for free because I love this game’s idea. I’m also a linux user which means I will work on optimizing for both a windows and a linux version to get a bigger crowd. My skype is live:levidrago with the pink and purple dragon as the avatar.

Okay i added you.

We are still looking to fill positions, thanks.

We still need a dedicated blueprint coder, thanks! We also need a particle artist and other unfilled positions.

Still need more people, thanks!

Need artist.

Still need more 3D artist. :slight_smile:

Is the project still in progress, or already dead?