LEGENDS of EPICA - A Saga Role Playing Game

Epic of Tales means, The Epic of Stories. Thanks for following, it’s appreciated.

This looks REALLY good! Much like the game idea I have had cooking in my brain for the past 10+ years :slight_smile:
Your team is doing an amazing job! Keep it up!

Although, I agree with the thoughts on the name of the game.
Another game with a similar title was releasednot too long ago…
The name “Epic of Tales” just doesn’t flow well… it almost feels like a fractured sentence, like something is missing.
An Epic is a long narrative poem, much like Homer’s **Iliad **and The Odyssey, I agree, that in an English/North American outlook it’s much like saying

or “Best Tale of tales” or “Poem of Tales”. Almost redundant in a way.
If the name was “Most Epic of Tales” it would make more sense!
My thoughts would be to have this as a code name for the game and look at reworking the title. Just my humble opinion!
Great work though!

Its a realy shady way to “evaluate” your game and a realy outdated way too.
Last time i saw that was from products that are 20 years old. Superduper store, megamarket XD
Leave the evaluation of your game to the people who play it and dont do it yourself.
My owl opinion

Added a big boat

Thanks for your critical input, in response we renamed the project title to Legends Of Epica. Cheers.

Sounds much better. I have no stake in what your game is called, but for your own sake I think you’ll get much better response with the name change.

The Dwarfs

Great job unit23! Legends of Epica is an awesome title!
very nice screenshot, you guys keep up the fantastic work! I’m excited for this :slight_smile:

We are now @ Patreon - http://legendsofepica.com/2016/04/06/become-a-patreon/

Quick update
After working literally continuously for about six month our main coder had to leave, to get a job, and me shortly after took a break. Though, anybody who is following us (thanks), the project will continue in a couple of weeks, and i would be happy to welcome another programmer to the team. Cheers

Main obstacles
Multiplayer integration still needs a solution, though there are a few options, such as Gamesparks.
AI needs tweaking

Quick update, we posted a job offer / Royalty Gamesparks Real Time Service implementation - Job Offerings - Unreal Engine Forums

We finally got multiplayer working, a small demo below

Next plan, tweak overall appearance, melee combat, and begin adding levels with Dungeon Architect.

Players can join a game with others, or play solo. Soon more!

Making some progress with the UI and basic character creation is in place (cloud based).

Ladder now in place …

b1ffc6ab0efff1e36c9c7e11b07d6c729ccf5c34.jpeg

Looking very nice @unit23!

Thanks, working hard to get some things done. Hopefully i am ready to begin on the dynamic level creation come next week. Cheers!

Testing Dungeon Architect (my very first level, was easy to setup). Additional this video showcases the progressing user interface, character managing functionalities, the ladder, and the character progression. There was no effort put into level design other than adding the AI and pressing a few buttons for level building. Combat is still in very early development.

Some stats
244 AI entities spawned on the map
3762 meshes make up the level geometry
67 Emitters (Effects such as fire)

Were you able to use GameSparks, or did you go with a different solution?

We use Gamesparks.