Legend of Zelda FanMade Game (Looking for teacher)

Project Title: No title as of yet. I am open minded on suggestions for a game title

Description: No real description other than the typical “save Zelda from the enemy” sort of thing. I am also up to any brain storming and ideas that you have to suggest :slight_smile:

Includes:
. Combat System
. Challenging puzzles throughout the game
. 3rd person and first person point of view
. Inventory system

So basically I am looking for someone that can assist me on my project. Mainly teach me the program, since I don’t know how to do everything. I would like to introduce new creations and ideas to my game that are not in other Legend of Zelda games.

Team name: I have no team as of yet.

Previous work: I have worked with RPG Maker VXACE for about a month and was learning switches, variables conditional branches etc. This is my very first project for Unreal Engine 4. I am extremely new to programming and gaming development but I’ve always wanted to make a game and want to create something exciting and fun.

Talent Required:

I am currently looking for all positions atm. The ONLY requirement I ask is that you must have Skype or a really easy way to contact you, such as a phone number or email.
I am also looking for someone to simply put me in the right direction with my project (sort of like a teacher) and can show me how to do certain things. HOWEVER, I will except any offers that have to do with helping the creation of the game :slight_smile:

Email: Shawd613@gmail.com

General Summary: Looking for someone to teach me, and am looking for an artist of any kind. I hope to hear from you guys soon. Have an awesome day :smiley:

G’day,

The first thing you want to do is make sure you don’t include any references to Zelda, Link etc directly.

That is just asking for the big N to come over slap you with various legal headaches :frowning:

Personally, I blame Disney, but anyway…

Kris

Hey there! Not sure what you mean by not to make any Zelda, link references? Are you talking about in my game description and stuff?

Yes, just avoiding any copywrite infringement issues by renaming characters, locations, items etc, and not using any recognisable art assets like logos, emblems etc.

If you intend to make your game playable to the public, even for free, then this is a must as Nintendo will otherwise shut you down. If you only intend to release screenshots and footage you might be able to fly under the radar, but Nintendo would still be within their rights to take down your videos from Youtube and stuff.

Best policy is to play it safe and make it unaffiliated with Zelda, but still capturing the spirit and style of the original games.

Good luck, and have fun :slight_smile: learning from scratch can be overwhelming at first, but it gets easier over time.

Oh I was honestly unaware of this. I honestly thought I was able to just make my own game and as long as I didn’t make money off of it or advertise it, I could just post it to the public. Thank you for the heads up, oh and if you know of anyone that would be interested, send them my way :slight_smile:

Good luck with learning Unreal. What I would suggest is that you’re looking for a personal tutor? Unpaid you are unlikely to find someone willing to invest the time (that may be me being cynical but please, prove me wrong) However what I would suggest is that you start trying to break down the project into it’s core concepts and mechanics and then looking at ways to build those. These forums, the answer hub and several facebook groups are great resources to find things out.

In regards to becoming a games designer you also need to start looking at game theory, start looking at the reasons that levels are built the way they are. Start watching channels like extra credits.

oh and have fun!!! Game dev is hard but so rewarding!

is there a download (link) lol

Hi ShawdyLink. Don’t go at this alone. Join and incorporate your Zelda ideas here. Learn how to program with Blueprints here.