Learn tab icons corrupted on first launch

Guys,

I always get corrupted images in the learn tab on first launch. Eventually the update rolls through(polling epic via internet while the launcher is active) to get content from Epic and they fix themselves, before that, it looks pretty nasty:

Note that there are the most visible examples. Icons are corrupted all over the launcher.

Tommy.

Hello TommyBear,

Have you attempted to unistall and re-install the launcher to see if that resolves the issue?

You mention this only happens on initial start up, but does not happen if you close it and re-open the launcher again?

Thank you,

Hi Andrew! I meant that every time I start the launch launcher I get this. Re-installing does not fix the issue.

Tommy

Btw I have also edited the original description to be explicit that the update I refer to is the one that the launcher does periodically when open to refresh it’s content and not a new update of the launcher itself.

Thank you for updating the original post with the new information. Would you mind providing me with your full system specifications?

I would like to be able to test this on a Mac we have here and want to check your systems hardware against ours.

Thank you,

Yeah sure:

• Model Name: iMac Model

• Identifier: iMac13,2 Processor

• Name: Intel Core i7 Processor

• Speed: 3.4 GHz Number of

• Processors: 1 Total Number of

• Cores: 4 L2 Cache (per Core): 256

• KB L3 Cache: 8 MB Memory: 24 GB

• Boot ROM Version: IM131.010A.B05

• SMC Version (system): 2.11f14

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX:

• Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX

• Type: GPU

• Bus: PCIeP

• PCIe Lane Width: x16

• VRAM (Total): 2048 M

• Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

• Device ID: 0x11a3

• Revision ID: 0x00a2

• ROM Revision: 3707

• Display Type: LCD

• Resolution: 2560 x 1440

• Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

• Main Display: Yes

• Mirror: Off

• Online: Yes

• Built-In: Yes

OS: From 10.9.x → 10.10.4 (has been happening throughout these versions)

Tommy.

Hey Tommy,

Thank you for providing the requested information.

Before I go ahead and enter a bug report for this issue, would you mind going into your Epic Games>Launcher>Backup folder and deleting any of the files/folders within?

These backups can sometimes cause discrepancies between versions.

Thank you,

Yup. Closed down the launcher. Deleted all those files and relaunched. Issue still exists:

We just rolled out a new update for the Launcher yesterday. Try testing the issue with the updated version. If it still exists I will go ahead and enter a bug report for this issue.

Thank you TommyBear,

Fixed! Thank you very much Andrew!

Tommy.

Check the comments. This has been fixed in the latest version of the launcher.