Lean On Us! A message from Epic's engine licensing team

Epic’s business model with UE4 means we’re vested in your success. Take advantage of that! The engine licensing business team at Epic has more than 100 years of game industry experience. I have “special thanks” credits in 50 titles alone! We’re always looking to help Unreal Engine titles succeed in many ways including:

• Promoting your title on Epic’s social media, from Greenlight to launch.
  • Helping find a publishing partner. We talk to them all on a regular basis.
  • Linking studios up with contractor help. Unreal Engine has a broad ecosystem of experts.
  • Advice on the most profitable platforms, and methods of getting your game to market.
  • Tradeshow opportunities, like Unreal Engine’s PAX booth.
  • Introducing you to hardware and platform partners.
  • Unreal Engine showcases, articles, and license press releases.

Now, can we promise this to everyone? No. But keeping us informed of your progress and asking questions here in the forums or byis a great way to start the conversation. We’ll also be available at just about every tradeshow, worldwide, to answer questions and meet with developers. Now that Unreal Engine 4 is in your hands, we’re excited to see how we can change the games industry together!

• and the engine licensing team

Hey Crystal Voliva,

Question - Does Epic Games go to the various comic cons around the United States and abroad?

If so which ones?

These are the kind of reasons why I myself made the plunge to UE4. For me it’s the long term outcomes and opportunities that the next 6 months investment of my time learning UE will lead to. The business model told me that Epic will only be able to help themselves by helping us first, which to me is a massive statement and this communication from the licensing team just helps reinforce the ongoing support we have available to us. Epic have really delivered a win/win option, broken any remaining barriers to entry using industry leading tools, and removed almost all risk to their indie customers. Thanks to the licensing team and Epic as a whole and I hope in the future when I have learnt enough and start creating, I can work closer with you.

I’ll work with anyone who loves cats Crystal :wink: :smiley: