We are looking for a talented LEAD TECHNICAL ARTIST for an exciting AAA Realtime project working in Unreal, helping guide a team to deliver high end cinematic content in Realtime. As a Lead Technical Artist you will be working with a small flexible team to help develop and explore a whole new game IP. You will be getting involved at the very start and helping bring this new world to life.
As part of the Realtime team you will be working closely with all of our team, helping diagnose issues in Unreal, Maya or our Pipeline. Being a key part of the technical and creative development of the project and final delivery of our in-game content.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to shape the future of an animation studio growing it’s realtime team and embracing emerging technologies. If you are ambitious and looking for an opportunity to work on the cutting edge of animation and visual effects then we look forward to your application.
Axis who previously worked on Annie and VES Award Nominated Gears 5 seamless in-game cinematics. Work alongside the Research and Development department and our CG team of Layout, Animators, Supervisor, Lighting and FX to deliver high end in-game seamless cinematics.
Axis Studios is an award winning studio with studios in Glasgow, Bristol and London, creating high-end visual content for film, television, games and theme parks. We are constantly looking for the best talent: enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be part of some of the best work in the industry. This role is based in Glasgow.
- Provide creative and technical solutions on an on-going basis throughout projects, which deliver to client and internal quality expectations.
- Use these solutions to generate commercial results for affordable and profitable projects.
- Filter diverse feedback from both client and Product Director to members of the team.
- Work with the project producer to drive the project team to meet schedule objectives.
- Work closely with a project producer to evaluate project estimations as the project develops.
- During the pre production phase, to work with the director and producer to help define and refine the creative requirements of the project, so that they can be technically achieved within budget.
- Identify strengths of team members best suited to tasks.
- Troubleshoot project specific problems as they arise to support the team.
- Review the work of the team working on the project.
- Work with the coordinator to set tasks for the team working on the project.
- Communicating and liaising with the department leads to arrive at efficient, cost effective solutions best suited to the project.
- Be client facing where necessary and point of contact between client and team.
- In depth knowledge of any of the following engines: Unreal, Unity or CryEngine. With higher weight on Unreal.
- Good team management skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of a 3D software. Preferably Houdini and Maya but also 3DS Max or Cinema 4D.
- Good artistic eye and ability to support the creative vision of a project.
- High level of expertise using UE4
- Experience with scripting languages such as C++ or Python
- 3+ years experience working with in a game studio or cinematic studio.
- Good Blueprint knowledge
- Interest in creative and edit.
APPLY HERE: Axis Studios | Lead Technical Artist