Do you like to play? Do you like to create play? Do you have a passion for play? The SwitchCase Group and Interactive Fitness has an immediate opening for a full-time Lead Game Developer at our San Diego location. Ideal candidates have hands-on experience designing and implementing gameplay systems and tools in C++ , Unreal Engine and Blueprint. The lead developer will hit the ground running and take ownership over the development of exciting new features and game modes.
Candidates must have experience working with a cross disciplinary team on an existing code base. Solid technical fundamentals, optimization, debugging and problem solving skills, and past professional experience working with a game development engine is a requirement. SwitchCase is looking for a self-starting and proactive candidate who will identify risks and determine solutions.
- Design, develop, and maintain core game systems that power Expresso fitness bikes
- Work closely with a cross disciplinary team to implement game play features and functionality using the Unreal Engine
- Create or improve tools as necessary, to support specific features/systems
- Prototype new features using Unreal Blueprint
- Test, debug, profile, analyze, and optimize features on Linux platforms
- Contribute innovative and original ideas on all aspects of game production and development
- Demonstrated proficiency in C++
- Professional game development experience
- Experience working within a game development engine, preferably Unreal Engine 4
- Strong systems architecture and generalist programming skill set
- Comfortable working with internal and externally developed code
- Effective communicator and collaborator
- A natural curiosity for all aspects of game development and a willingness to work on a wide variety of game systems
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Math or related field
- Experience developing code for Linux platforms
- Professional experience with multiple game development engines. i.e. Unity3D, Source, UDK, etc…
- Experience designing and implementing threaded, asynchronous software.
- Real-time networking proficiency and experience
Compensation is based on experience. We have a super casual work environment, we like to play in the office and outside the office and benefits include health insurance, 401k, vacation and a fun and collaborative team-work environment you won’t want to leave for home.
Our office is centrally located just east of UTC in San Diego, CA. Must be legally authorized to work in the US. Follow the attached link to apply.