Axis Studios seeks a dedicated LEAD CHARACTER ARTIST to join our Realtime team. As a Lead Character Artist you will be working with a small flexible team to help develop and explore a whole new game IP. You will be getting involved at the very start and helping bring this new world to life.
Working closely with the Supervisor, Creative Lead, Rigging and FX you will be problem solving some great characters dynamically with the team to help deliver next gen quality Characters.
As part of the Realtime team you will be working closely with all of our team, helping diagnose issues in Unreal, Maya or our Pipeline. Being a key part of the technical and creative development of the project and final delivery of our in-game content.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to shape the future of an animation studio growing it’s realtime team and embracing emerging technologies. If you are ambitious and looking for an opportunity to work on the cutting edge of animation and visual effects then we look forward to your application.
Axis who previously worked on Annie and VES Award Nominated Gears 5 seamless in-game cinematics. Work alongside the Research and Development department and our CG team of Layout, Animators, Supervisor, Lighting and FX to deliver high end in-game seamless cinematics.
Axis Studios is an award winning studio with studios in Glasgow, Bristol and London, creating high-end visual content for film, television, games and theme parks. We are constantly looking for the best talent: enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be part of some of the best work in the industry. This role is based in Glasgow.
- Producing high quality assets suitable for production both technically and artistically
- Ability to work to a brief and follow concepts
- Working with your supervisor/lead to solve technical problems
- Ensuring assets meet specifications provided by all relevant departments
- Working with all departments to solve problems
- Liaising with production to manage your time
- Working closely with your team to identify process improvements/tools to increase department productivity
- Implementing and shade characters in engine.
- Experience with Unreal or Unity
- Skill in Zbrush
- Working knowledge of one or more 3D packages (cross-pipeline)
- Good troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Solid understanding of anatomy and movement
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexible and proactive member of the team
- Document pipelines and help develop workflows
- Experience with UE4 - including Animation blueprints, materials and shading
- Experience with Maya
- A desire to develop and evolve characters
- Interest in technical animation such as facial performance’s, rigging and kinematics, and shader creation and look dev
- Demonstrated ability for creative solutions to technical challenges within tight deadlines
- Demonstrated understanding of traditional animation or VFX pipelines and workflows
- An interest in cinematics and storytelling