Layered blend per bone for NPC's

Hi guys, how are you?
I have a question, i’m using Layered blend per bone in my characters’s animation blueprint it’s working good, but i have a problem:

Some animations are for the full body, others for the hip and above and etc, they work fine when i tell them to do so, but only if i’m playing with the character who is receiving the comands.

For example: my game have some NPC’s who help you in the battle, it looks like the blend per bone don’t work on them it’s like they don’t receive the command, it’s because they are AI? If i play with them, all the animations work okay, btu if they are AI the animations are only the “default ones”.

I have to do something on the event who calls their animations? I’m using animation montages.
And help is very welcome. Thanks!

1. Make sure that they get the correct input, anything from your keyboard or mouse they won’t register so you need to use custom events to trigger things for your AI.

2. Experiment with different rotation settings in Character Movement component and in the pawn settings of the Character blueprint. For example these worked for me for my “behind the back” third person character:

Edit: Also make sure to trigger Parent:Begin play if your NPC is a child actor of your character blueprint.

324269-95b2fd5aff92734513f0301fc9f355fe.png

Awesome! Thank you so much for the help!!