Laundromat Environment WIP

Hey Everyone, I’m working on an Laundromat based on a couple of concepts from watchdogs (http://i.imgur.com/6u22IK6.jpg). Been working on this in my free time for about 6 weeks now and I’m almost finished with all the interior modelling and planning on starting texturing for the main walls and floor next week. there are still a couple of blockout assets in the scene but should have them sorted soon.

Anyway, hope you all like it and please feel free to critique or ask questions. :slight_smile:

http://i.imgur.com/JVqGrzh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/aJK4qcO.jpg

Looking good, can’t wait to see it textured. =)

Awesome job Thundercliffe! It actually reminds me of a laundromat I went to when i was a young lad. Keep up the great work and i cant wait to see this scene when it is textured!

I agree with SE_JonF on this one. I can’t wait to see what you do with the textures. You’ve got a really good start with your scene layout and breathing some life into it with the disheveled look.

I also just noticed the guy outside the window across the street. I know it’s for reference but kinda has a creep factor to it as well. :slight_smile:

Dude.PNG

What your ultimately plans with this one?

Are you planning to just do a static scene or are you going to add any animations for a video. Taking a little extra time and setting up a video would be fantastic! Add a little rotation to a couple of your fans, papers slightly blowing on the wall, plant movement, etc. Maybe having a simple cloth shirt hanging and blowing would be cool.

You’ve got a really awesome start and I definitely want to see where you go with this! :slight_smile:

Tim

Glad I am not the only one thinking exactly that.

Thanks, yea planning on going all out on this scene, want to end up with a full cinematic and really push the subtle animations created from the fans in the room. Never really been a fan of static environments, i feel the animations will give the scene more life and be more of an interesting portfolio piece. It will also give me a chance to learn more about particles, physics and other cool stuff within UE4. :slight_smile:

As for the naked man, yea he does creep me out at times aswell, i keep meaning to hide him when i do screen shots but i always forget and then there he is photobombing my environment haha

Been working a bit more on this in my free time. started to texture the main interior so i can start tweaking the lighting further and see how the textures from the interior translate onto the main 3d model. my main concern at the moment is there is too much wood going on in the scene so may alter that. most likely i will replace the light wood for the blue plaster.

as for the floor tiles and the dark brown wood, im quite happy with the look for a first pass.

As you can probably imagine the scene is still heavily wip but please feel free to post feedback :slight_smile:

Great progress! You seem to be coming along quite nicely with this project.

Keep up the great work!

Tim

Love the wood wall texture! :slight_smile: Keep it up man…looking great

Not much to show this week. spent most of the time creating lightmaps, tweaking lighting and getting base materials on assets. Next week il probably continue with the lightmapping and hopefully get rid of those blockout dryers :slight_smile:

Looking good. Keep it up.
Personally not too fond of the shiny metal surfaces. Looks too clean

Thanks, dont worry its just a base. the whole room needs a dirt pass but first need to get it all to a basic material standard :slight_smile: