Launching to iOS (iPhone) Failed!

I am trying to launch to my Iphone and it keeps failing,
below i have posted the error lines from the output window in unreal.

i am using unreal engine 4.17.1
and my iphone is updated to iOS 11 beta.

error lines :

*…….
LogPlayLevel: DeploymentServer: [DD] … Error: Failed to connect to bundle ‘co.Ashwin.ARKitTest’
………
LogPlayLevel: env: Code Signing Error: Provisioning profile "iOS Team Provisioning Profile: " is Xcode managed, but signing settings require a manually managed profile.
LogPlayLevel: env: Code Signing Error: Code signing is required for product type ‘Application’ in SDK ‘iOS 11.0’
………
LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception: AutomationTool.AutomationException: CodeSign Failed
………
LogPlayLevel: RunUAT ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
PackagingResults: Error: Launch failed! Failed to Code Sign

i followed all the setups that were required to create the provisioning file.
but i dont know what setting i am missing.

Please help me launch on Iphone?

Facing the exact same problem on UE 4.18.1

Has anyone solved this issue? I am running into the same problem with UE 4.17.2 and 4.18.1… I am going to attempt to replicate the issue with 4.16.3 now.

Yeah i had it solved after trails. the bundle ID needs to have a real website domain.

so “co.ashwin.****” is needed to be a registered domain. thats all was the issue.

and then just a restart.

Seriously? That’s strange… how do I register a domain like that?

In project settings switch your minimum OS to iOS 10, instead of 11 Beta.

mine was set to iOS 11 beta and still gave me the error, but yeah i bought the domain and set the provisional certificate to that domain and it started working.

Also i am purely working on 4.17.2

Mine was set to iOS 8 as the minimum… I set it to iOS 10 and still running into this issue.

I am also trying to launch to my Iphone and it keeps failing.

my bundle id is ‘com…’

as Satra18 mentioned I bought ‘www…com’ domain for a year. Still I get the same error.

I am posting the error lines from the output log.

I am using Unreal Engine 4.17.2

I have an iPhone 7 with version 11.2.1

error lines:

LogPlayLevel: DeploymentServer: [DD] … Error: Failed to connect to bundle 'com…

LogPlayLevel: env: 2 DTDeviceKitBase 0x0000000110943441 -[DTDKMobileDeviceToken mountDeveloperDiskImage:withError:] + 782

LogPlayLevel: env: 3 DTDeviceKitBase 0x0000000110943cf8 -[DTDKMobileDeviceToken mountDeveloperDiskImageWithError:] + 488

LogPlayLevel: env: 2 DTDeviceKitBase 0x0000000110943441 -[DTDKMobileDeviceToken mountDeveloperDiskImage:withError:] + 782

LogPlayLevel: env: 3 DTDeviceKitBase 0x0000000110943cf8 -[DTDKMobileDeviceToken mountDeveloperDiskImageWithError:] + 488

LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception: AutomationTool.AutomationException: CodeSign Failed

Also I’m including a screenshot of my iOS Settings.

Please help me.

Edit 1: I tried using ’ com…test ’ for the bundle identifier

Still getting the same error.

Have you added your app on Apple Developer Portal and on Xcode?

Hi ,
Thanks for your reply.

I’m trying to launch it directly from UE4 to my iPhone. It was working fine before.

However now I get these errors,

I don’t include any non-default plugins. It is just an empty project.

Lines with Errors:

LogCook: Display: Cooking /Engine/EditorResources/LightIcons/S_LightError -> /Users//Documents/Unreal Projects/empty418/Saved/EditorCooked/IOS/Engine/Content/EditorResources/LightIcons/S_LightError.uasset

LogSavePackage: Async saving from memory to ‘/Users//Documents/Unreal Projects/empty418/Saved/EditorCooked/IOS/Engine/Content/EditorResources/LightIcons/S_LightError.uasset’

LogSavePackage: Display: Finished SavePackage /Users//Documents/Unreal Projects/empty418/Saved/EditorCooked/IOS/Engine/Content/EditorResources/LightIcons/S_LightError.uasset

LogPlayLevel: /Users//Documents/Unreal Projects/empty418/Binaries/IOS/Payload/empty418.app: unknown error -1=ffffffffffffffff

LogPlayLevel: ERROR: CodeSign Failed

LogPlayLevel: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=32 (Error_FailedToCodeSign)

Same here! Here is my post https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/ios-development/1408723-ios-deployment-failed

This is really old but I was having the same issue. In the bundle identifier I used [PROJECT_NAME] it never worked till I scrolled down to the Build section in Project Settings and checked Automatic Signing, then under that in the IOS Team ID I Logged in to Apple’s Developer Center, clicked on Account, Then Membership. Under Membership Information, I copied the Team ID and pasted that into the IOS Team ID field. Then it Deployed. Hope that helps someone

3 Likes