Launcher Update Stuck on Downloading

Hi Viper,

Sorry, we thought that you were all good now as you said you’d got into market place. Maybe it was a lucky time :).

If you are still having issues with downloads appearing stuck, or subscribe buttons (both symptoms of similar issue) could you try an extra HTTP timeout value.

Locate DefaultEngine.ini

C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\Launcher\Engine\Programs\NoRedist\UnrealEngineLauncher\Config\DefaultEngine.ini

Add to very end following four separate lines:

[HTTP]
HttpTimeout=600
HttpConnectionTimeout=180
HttpReceiveTimeout=180
HttpSendTimeout=180

Remember to try and give download enough time to actually fail and present an error message. These timeout values can make that seem a long time.

Also if you let us know what your connection speed is we could help make sure these values are correct for you personally. numbers from a speedtest site would be great:-

Thanks,
Leigh

Thank you!! Worked for me too.

My Launcher log:link text

I have same problem please help

it’s working Thanks kassane

So I did increasing of timeout stuff. That alone did not work.
Then I did

Ok Viper, it’s ready! You’ll have to do following:

Download QFE from here: http://cdn.unrealengine.com/qfe/UnrealEngineLauncher-QFE-FromCL2031728.

Replace EXE from the "Unreal Engine\Launcher\Engine\Binaries\Win64" Folder with one in the .

Add "-CPLabel=QFE2" to command line of your shortcut.

This then throws an error (ERROR! Unlisted Build Label:QFE2")

When I hit okay, it brings me to Launch window anyways and allows me to work. But this error is unnerving me. :slight_smile:

I’m having same problem, and none of above worked.
I believe that many users are having same problem.

I have same problem,I have downloaded and copied the “qfe” but where and how do I add command line?

Hey Watson,

Right-click your shortcut to the .exe and select Properties. In Target textbox, add a space at end of what’s already there and then command line.

Hi guys. I had same problem, and it was fixed after I applied QFE (http://cdn.unrealengine.com/qfe/UnrealEngineLauncher-QFE-FromCL2031728.) as described above. My download finished. But now again same thing happens, but at 26%. I tried QFE procedure again, but it does not work, my download keeps stopping at 26%. I also tried increasing HTTP timeout settings - no luck. I even tried loading QFE3 which I saw a beta was available - no luck. UE4 is absolutely awesome so I hate to say this but it seems like launcher updating code has a serious problem somewhere. Please help! Thanks.

Hi thanks ,but seems to have fixed itself somehow

Hi,

I have found that I can make downloading resume after it has stopped by pausing download, going to my network settings, disabling my network, enabling it again, and resuming download.

Hope this helps someone,
Cheers,

My problem has been solved with launcher.
After using http://cdn.unrealengine.com/qfe/UnrealEngineLauncher-QFE-FromCL2031728. and extract it in folder “C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\Launcher\Engine\Binaries\Win64”, add command -CPLabel=QFE2 -LauncherLabel=QFE3 -AppLabel=Production-HotfixPreview in shortcut.
Myloglink text

I have same issue. After applying new exe and adding argument to command line, it seems engine is re-downloading completely. Hopefully I can get in once its finished

Hi Epic,

I have not seen a reply from you about this issue lately. I am again experiencing problem. I have removed all command-line arguments from my launcher shortcut, because I want it to update to latest version. I start launcher, it downloads something of 87MB, but stops at 81%. I get no error, probably because I have set my Http timeouts to insanely high values, there is just nothing downloading.

Are you still working on a solution for this bug? Will launcher be able to download a fix itself, when it is available, or is more manual intervention required?

Thanks for all support, QFEs were great, I hope I am not a nuisance with all my posts here, I am just hoping I will soon be able to run launcher and it will update successfully :|.

Thanks,

I have created a new thread for our problem, as I think this one is becoming quite confusing and hard to navigate. I am hoping that new thread will provide a place for Unreal support guys to more clearly answer us.

Hope it helps,
cheers,

My problem has been solved thanks to QFE. Thanks!!

Hello!

If you are still experiencing issues with your download, please go here: [Official] Read this if your Download has stopped around 81% - Installation & Setup - Unreal Engine Forums

This topic is now being closed.