Launcher update stop at 80 percent

@

I have read your additional posts, but am continuing to respond to this one for consistency. For logs that will continue to help us troubleshoot this issue, please provide the following:

You can enable verbose logging by editing your DefaultEngine.ini, which you can find here: “c:\program files\unreal engine\launcher\engine\programs\noredist\unrealenginelauncher\config” and add the following section to the end:

[Core.Log]
LogHttp=log
LogOnline=verbose

After you make that change, run the Launcher again, and then post the logs here in ZIP format. (c:\users\YOUR_USER\appdata\local\unrealenginelauncher\saved\logs)

• Additionally, please let us know which version of the Launcher you are currently on. The version number can be found in the bottom-left corner of the launcher.
  • Another potential fix you could try (as suggested here) is to re-download the original MSI installer from the website.

We apologize for the inconvenience of this issue and are actively working to address it.

Hi ,

Thank you for getting back to me. I will be at home in about 2 hours, then I will do this for you ASAP.

Cheers,

The new installer seems to be the most recent fix around

Hi ,
Before trying anything else I just tried downloading the latest installer, and it worked!!! It updated and the ‘main’ screen opened, and is now downloading the 4GB update!

The installed that I ran that fixed this issue for me is named UnrealEngineInstaller-1.0.0-2037110.

Thank you!

Hello!

If you are still experiencing issues with your download, please go here: [Official] Read this if your Download has stopped around 81% - Installation & Setup - Unreal Engine Forums

This topic is now being closed.

I’m glad it is resolved for you.