Launcher says: Unknown Error: File Access error has occured

Hi AnswerHub,

Hope I’m doing this right.

I’m on a Mac with Mavericks. When trying to update the unreal launcher it completes the download then says:

"Unknown Error:
A file access error has occurred. Please check your running processes.

I can’t update the launcher. If I hit OK then I can get to UDK and launch the engine, but every time I try to start UDK it has to download the launcher update again only to fail. I’ve checked my running processes and there are no other applications running besides the regular system stuff.

I’ve also changed the permissions of the /users//Library/Application\ Support/Epic to 777, so there should be no permission problems.

I have not been able to find any other mention of this problem when searching the web or the answerHub. Any insight will be very helpful.

Thank you!

-B

Hi CCA_Animation,

Take a look at this user’s report. They had the same error and it was caused by their Anti-virus blocking the Launchers access. Let me know if this works or not.

Cheers,

TJ

Same on 4.9 P4 No Anti-virus running. No Process running.

Okay, give the suggestions in this section of the troubleshooting guide a try.

If nothing works, follow the steps here to generate your Debug Logs. Then post them here.

Hi everyone,

We haven’t heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please try the suggestion that I mentioned above. Then post back here with the requested info.

Cheers,

TJ

Can you help me please. I am having the same issue however it’s when I try to actually install Unreal Enginge 4. Please help, I have made my own post with my debug log. I really want to add to the community.

Same here, but I have the problem on install, I’m getting the same message, and I’m sure it’s not an anti-virus problem.

Hi Georges D,

We are currently working through this issue in this message here. If you’d like to join in, please take a look at that thread.

Hey guys, I had the same problem today BUT I’ve FIXED it by killing the BattlEYE process in the taskmanager.

note I encountered this problem with launching Fortnite after update.

Windows restart helped me.

Thank you, I was getting that error as well I reinstalled Fortnite but that didn’t work, then i came across this and I checked my antivirus quarantine and sure enough, Fortnite was in quarantine so I restored it and now it works

1 Like

I got this error to but with ark survival evolved. What I did is 1) uninstall EPIC GAMES 2) Delete all related files to EPIC GAMES 3) Open STEAM and search for ark 4) buy ark survival evolved because it’s on sale on steam 5) download it then play. now I’m playing without a problem.