Launcher keeps crashing when trying to open my projects

I’ve been running into a problem with launching my projects at the moment, every time I launch a project it gets to 18% and then crashes and the crash reporter window pops up. I’ve tried uninstalling and then reinstalling launcher and the engine versions 4.21.2 (which i’m currently using) and the latest version 4.22 but the problem still occurs. It does however load when I go to a later version 4.19.

Everything had been working fine until the a few days ago.

Does anyone know how to sort this problem out? I’ve searched online but nothing has worked and it’s starting to frustrate me as I need to get this project done asap.

Thanks

Crash log [link text][1]

Maybe try downloading the debugging symbols to display more info on the crash. I did that a while back, it’s a big download but it helps.

Also, are you new to unreal? I am, and usually when I see that and cannot build or run my game it means that I have a nullptr trying to do something. So maybe look at the last few things you added to your source and see if anything could possibly null yet trying to be used as null.

(New to unreal, just trying to help - may not help you at all)

Hey

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it. Yeah I downloaded the info on the crash after i uploaded this and I still don’t understand any of it lol. I’ll give your suggestion try, I saw someone else suggest something similar, someone also mentioned that deleting the derived data cache folder might do the trick but that didn’t work.

Thanks for the help anyway hopefully it’ll work because it’s driving me insane…

did you figure it out? I can’t tell from that either haha…

is it a c++ project (forgot to ask that before)…

if so, are you using Visual Studio? can you compile/build your project solution in visual studio with no errors?

I remember my first project in unreal… when mine crashed like that I kept clicking ‘send and close’ thinking “I can’t believe I just started and found a bug in the engine - they need to know!” …but it turns out it was just my code and a stupid thing I had done. Unity doesn’t crash as angerly as unreal…wasn’t ready for that kinda experience coming from Unity and c#.

Hey

Nope still no luck. I haven’t put any code in to it just been working on the art side doing an environment.

I’ve been emailing a person from unreal and they said it looks like it’s something to do with my PC and the GPU but I don’t get how it was working fine with no issues and then the next day decides to die on me, oh well.

They said try using a later version so i’ll give that a pop and hopefully it’ll work. It just seems to be acting up in 4.21 and 4.22

Gotcha. Weird. Well, good luck!