[Launcher] Install Failed - Could not download patch data

Please try the same solution I provided here:

My UE4 Launcher shows a 'Subscribe' button, although I have already subscribed. I am not able to launch the Editor - Platform & Builds - Epic Developer Community Forums

link text

Hellow, I just change my defaultengine.ini the “timeout” value but that still not do work

4229-logs.zip (12.1 KB)

Hi qzan,

Are you receiving an error message when you try to download?

If yes, can you please post a picture of that error message?

Thank you.

yes,i will post the picture of that error message !

I hope you can help me? Thanks!

Hi Stephen Ellis, I want to know What is the difference between 7G package and source code! and than I comefrom china so just when i use VPN I can download engine but have error just like that picture, when I not use VPN I got the “Subscription” Button.
My english is poor so I hope your understanding what I say. Thanks a lot!

The 7G package is the binary version of the Unreal Engine 4. It is downloaded and installed by the Launcher. Most people can make their game projects with this version.

The source code version of the Unreal Engine 4 is all the code that makes the Unreal Engine 4, and it is downloaded from GitHub. Users can modify the code to make changes to the Unreal Engine. These changes can give users extra control over the game they want to make.

I hope that explains it better!

We are still investigating your download issue. We will respond with possible solutions, or more questions.

Thank you.

Hi Stephen, I want to let you know we’re experiencing the same issue.

I have the same problem! I just subscribed and started downloading unreal engine 4.1.1. It downloads 1% and then it shows “Install Failed. Could not download patch data. Please try again later.”. I would love to use unreal as fast as possible since I have paid for it already. Any suggestions?

Hi eeppi,

Can you try the solution (highlighted green) provided in the below post and see if it has any effect for you?

Can't Download [Patch Data Error] - Getting Started & Setup - Epic Developer Community Forums

Thanks

It started working without me doing anything in couple days so I cant really try but thanks anyway :slight_smile: Now unreal engine works perfectly.