Launcher help for noob

Hi, first post here and new user to Unreal Engine. Working through beginner tutorials but cannot start editor from launch screen. I get this error message: “Could not launch Unreal Engine. Please verify the installation. Error code: LS0013”. Clicking on the error code link goes to Error code LS0018 and LS 0014. I can launch Unreal Engine Editor on its own and work through the tutorials. So not that big of a deal but I want the experience to unfold as the instructions imply. When the first instruction seems broken I am not filled with confidence. Thanks!

1 Like

So, I figured out how to “Verify the installation” which did not help. Completely deleted and reinstalled Launcher and Editor. Checked all the C++ Redistributables and DirectX. Still no help. And yes, I am an Administrator with full read/write blah, blah. Also did some searching and found others have this issue. Anyway, now happily working through the tutorials. Thanks for looking. :slight_smile:

Apologies for necro-ing your thread, but I’m having exactly the same problem and your post is the only result google will return to me for that error message.

Did you ever figure out what was wrong or how to fix it? I cannot figure out how to “verify the installation” nor do I know how to launch the Unreal Engine Editor “on its own” since I can only find the Epic Launcher in my programs list.

Please help!

Verify install is done from epic launcher, go to UE click on your version, setting popup should have verify install, to open editor without launcher run it through Visual Studio