Launch Error

I’m pretty new to doing actual development, but have a lot of experience with 3D asset creation. I’ve just set up provisioning and certificates for deployment to an iPad pro, but keep getting a launch failed result, after things went along fine at the beiginning. I used the 3rd person example map, and set it to deploy on the iPad, then watched it go through the steps mentioned in the quickstart, with the exception of getting deployment. I’m enclosing the final lines of the error log in case you guys can read it and tell me what I did wrong. It deploys fine to LocalDevice. I’m running the absolute latest XCode, but not Catalina yet, and haven’t updated the iPad to be compatible with Catalina, so it’s running iOS 12.4.1 and Unreal version 4.23.1

​​​​​​LogPlayLevel:   Running as local instance
LogPlayLevel:   [DD] Trying to connect to mobile device running iOS ...
LogPlayLevel:   [DD] Mobile Device 'Nick's iPad' connected
LogPlayLevel:   Failed to connect to bundle 'com.YourCompany.iOSTester' with Unknown error 0xE80000B7
LogPlayLevel: Error:   [DD]  ... Error: Failed to connect to bundle 'com.YourCompany.iOSTester'
LogPlayLevel:   [DD]
LogPlayLevel: Took 3.297236s to run mono, ExitCode=0
LogPlayLevel: ********** DEPLOY COMMAND COMPLETED **********
LogPlayLevel: ********** RUN COMMAND STARTED **********
LogPlayLevel: Starting Client....
LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Deploy Task, Time: 86.616501
LogPlayLevel: Running: /usr/bin/env /usr/bin/instruments -w 'e5422044cb986314e6518549c2a7a721f8fbeb3b' -t 'Activity Monitor' -D "/Volumes/Drobo/UNREAL Projects/iOSTester/Saved/StagedBuilds/IOS/launch.trace" 'com.YourCompany.iOSTester'
LogPlayLevel: CoreData: annotation:  Failed to load optimized model at path '/Applications/ 9.0.omo'
LogPlayLevel: Error: Instruments Usage Error: Specified target process is invalid: com.YourCompany.iOSTester
LogPlayLevel: instruments, version 11.0 (64531.3)
LogPlayLevel: usage: instruments -t template] -D document] -l timeLimit] -w device] -P package] -p pid] | [application [-e variable value] [argument ...]]]
LogPlayLevel: Deleting /Volumes/Drobo/UNREAL Projects/iOSTester/Saved/StagedBuilds/IOS/launch.trace
LogPlayLevel: Error: ERROR: Launch Failure
LogPlayLevel:        (see /Users/nicholasjainschigg/Library/Logs/Unreal Engine/LocalBuildLogs/Log.txt for full exception trace)
LogPlayLevel: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=151 (Error_DeviceOSNewerThanSDK)
LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Run Task, Time: 3.047701
LogPlayLevel: Error: RunUAT ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
PackagingResults: Error: Launch failed! Failed to launch on device.  Make sure your install of Xcode matches or is newer than the OS on your device.
LogSlate: Took 0.000875 seconds to synchronously load lazily loaded font '../../../Engine/Content/Slate/Fonts/DroidSansMono.ttf' (77K)


Check the stickied getting started post at the top of the forum, so I don’t have to repeat too much of it. :slight_smile: Specifically you probably want to do something different with the bundle ID both in your project settings and in your certificates and the best way to get past it is to go to the Apple Developer site and start the process from scratch before doing anything else in UE.

Cool, thanks! Will do!