Launch Character

I have made a dash for my player that works as long as you have a velocity. If there is no directional movement the character doesn’t dash, example no directional input or if the character is colliding against another pawn. I’d like to be able to dash through the enemy. I do turn off the collision and it all works so long as the player isn’t already up against the other pawn when dashing. How to do I get the dash to launch the player in the last direction they were moveing in or the direction they have pressed on the joystick/keyboard?

How to do I get the dash to launch the
player in the last direction they were

Perhaps you could store velocity vector in a variable when you press Dash (only if velocity is > 0). Next time you Dash, check if current velocity is 0; if it is, use the stored vector instead.

Would that work?

I was thinking of doing that but ran out of time at lunch to test it. I also kind of assumed there would be a better approach of some kind. I’m very new to this stuff and still trying to learn.
I tried to use add impulse but there was a mess of not having simulate physics enabled then the player would just ragdoll and fall through the terrain… so it seemed to cause more troubles than it would fix