Launch character to location/how do I use suggest projectile velocity?

EDIT:I found the solution and will explain it in the answer

I’m adding an ability in my first person project for a player to launch their character forward to a location they’re aiming at. You can ignore everything before the “then1” step of the sequence, but here’s what I have so far.

When I press the button to use this ability, I can see that suggest projectile velocity makes an arc that I would like the player to travel on, but I don’t know how to make the character actually move that way. I think my issue has something to do with the override gravityZ setting, but putting it at -1 makes the arc trace upwards rather than downwards. In game my character isn’t moving when I call this function. Is there something I need to do with the vector that suggest projectile velocity returns in order to make it launch my character properly?

[Here’s an example of the arc I’m getting from suggest projectile velocity] (http://puu.sh/bjxMd.jpg), I just need to make my character actually launch that way…

Here is the solution but I’ll explain what’s going on for people doing something similar in the future. You basically want to trace between the actor and what they’re aiming at, then find the distance of the vectors, divide it by 2, and multiply it by the actors forward vector, and add some Z for the jump effect.

I didn’t end up using suggest projectile velocity and would still like some insight as to how it works, but this is a nice solution which achieves the same thing.

Thank you so much for posting this. I know it’s from 2014, but man, you’re a life saver!