Launch Character Network Lag Only When Walking

Hello, everyone. I am having an issue where I am launching my character based off a projectile that spawns a collision mesh at the impact location. The launch algorithm seems to work just fine, however, when I play on the client, I get noticable lag when going past a certain speed.

Holding down my sprint key, which increases my “Max Walk Speed” to 850 (from 450) reduces the lag significantly. When I change character speed to spawn at 850, the lag is gone, as well.

I have tried to launch the character → replicate on server, as well as launch character → multicast, and finally, launch character → replicate on server → multicast within the run on server custom event call

This behavior is not seen when I am the host running a listen server. It is only seen client side.

I have tried to rewrite the launch character functionality in the “AnyDamage” event for my character BP, however, since that event is authority only, I tried to multicast the launch character, as well as run on server, both which had no effect.

My initial character movement values are:
Gravity: 1
Max accel: 2048 (I tried increasing this and had no luck)
Max Walk Speed: 450
My BPs can be seen below.

Thank you for your help!

Spawn Fireball BP hit even, which spawns the explosion collision

Explosion BP which launches character on begin overlap

Sprint functionality, which calls the sprint function below

Sprint Start Function (Stop function is the same, just with a different speed variable)

319330-sprintfunction.png