Launch Character Backwards

Hello!

I have been trying to launch my character backwards when it collides to an object. I already have the collision and all of that, but I’m not sure how to make my character get launched backwards.

I tried with the node " Launch Character" but it doesn’t work very well. Can someone help me? Thank you!

You have the correct node. What you need is correct value for “launch velocity”. You can get a “get actor forward vector” which gives you basically the capsule orientation but normalized (imagine a little arrow) then multiply it with a float value to have a bigger “arrow”. If you multiply by 1000 it will launch forward, if you multiply by -1000 it will launch backward with the same force (-1000 is a reasonable value to begin with, you will have to tweak it for your needs, maybe -500)

Edit : depending on your character, maybe forward vector won’t be appropriate. It is possible that the character and controller don’t have exactly the same rotation, in this case maybe you would want to use “get control rotation”, plug it directly to “launch velocity” it will add automatically a node to convert the rotator (GetRotationXVector).

1 Like

Ooh!! Thank you so much! It worked with the “Get Actor Forward Vector” !!

thank you both, worked for me also

big thanks, helped me out a lot

1 Like