Launch Character/Add Impulse not working properly

Hello,
I am trying to implement a “leap towards location” function for an actor in my game, but it does not seem to work properly. I am trying to use the “Add Impulse” function, but it, along with “Launch Character” are not working in the way I intend.
The vector addition statement makes the Entity aim above the destination’s location to prevent it from leaping into the ground.

This code just makes the passed Entity jump vertically into the air, regardless of where the destination actually is or what the value of my jump strength is. Do you know why this is happening? I have had similar results with “Launch Character”. I think it might do with how I am calculating the vector the represents the impulse direction.

These kinds of nodes are difficult to be precise with if you are looking for a very specific result.

If you are using a character containing a skeletal mesh for this leap function, you can try using a root motion animation.

Or, alternately, if you can’t use root motion you could try using a timeline to change the actor’s location.

Do you want to jump in a direction or land precisely at the destination. At the moment you’re attempting the former - since we cannot see how you calc Leap Strength.

you could try using a timeline to change the actor’s location.

Indeed, a different approach that gives you plenty of control:

The above is actually using a movement component, rather than Set Location so you get proper sliding collision all the way.

And another way to achieve the result would be this:

It will require some tweaking.