[Laucher] Launcher freezes frequently

The Epic Launcher has an habit of freezing - it stops responding to any inputs.
Sometimes this happens when it’s downloading something, sometimes I’m using the editor and just left the launcher open in the background.

Today it happened while it was downloading the hotfix. It froze at 8% of the download. I had to force quit and when I opened it up again (after a reboot, because when it freezes and I force-quit, it won’t open again if I just use the shortcut), it started downloading 4.7.3 as a fresh install, i.e., a 4.7 GB download.

I can see why force-quitting corrupted it, but I don’t understand why my launcher freezes so often!

Hey PrincesaCindy,

In order to assist you better, it would be helpful if we could take a look at your dxdiag . You can obtain these by going to your start menu, typing in ‘dxdiag’ in the search field and running the ‘dxdiag.exe’ program. Once the program opens, click on ‘save all information’ and save it as a text document.

Also, do you have any steps that I can use to reproduce the freezing that you’re experiencing? Or is this a random occurrence?

Thank you!

[DxDiagt][1]

Hello !
Here’s my DxDiag.
About the steps… I don’t know, they seem random to me. Happened twice when trying to update, from 4.7.1 to 4.7.2 and today, and a few times while it was in the background. It is working and downloading as expected, I go browse something and when I try to go back to the laucher to check the download, it doesn’t respond.
Thanks!

34831-dxdiag.txt (91.9 KB)

Hey PrincesaCindy,

Thank you for providing me with your dxdiag , I don’t see anything with your computer specifications that would cause this issue you are describing. Have you had any trouble with the Launcher once updating your version of the editor to 4.7.3?

The following link is a guide to troubleshoot your launcher. If the suggestions within the guide do not fix the issue you’re experiencing, please reply back with the debugging . The steps to obtain those are actually in this guide as well: A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums

Thanks!

Hi princesaCindy,

We haven’t heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please try the suggestions that posted above.

Cheers,

TJ