Latest iTunes not compatible?

When trying to deploy on iOS it doesn’t show the option under Launch anymore, eventhough iOS is selected under supported platforms, and my iOS device is connected. I can only Launch > WindowsPC. It used to work in previous versions, but now under Package Project > iOS it also states I need iTunes installed. But it is.

Now it happens to be that I installed the newest iTunes version 12.1.0.71, just yesterday.
Currently also running UE4 4.6.1, latest version.

Can it be that the latest iTunes version is not yet compatible?

Can anyone confirm or deny my issue?

(Running iOS 8.1.3 on iPhone 5s, using Windows 7, 64-bit)

Ya, the latest iTunes install changed the location of the dll and the name of the registry entry to find it. I just fixed this yesterday for the 4.7 release. it should be in the next preview.

-Pete

Perfect, thanks!

Make the entry in registery with regedit with the value for “iTunesMobileDeviceDLL” located

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Apple Inc.\Apple Mobile Device Support\Shared

for me the path is C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\iTunesMobileDevice.dll

The ipa is created but the editor 4.6.1 crash sometimes after packaging …

Hope helps

The fix didn’t make it into the next preview as the preview was locked down on Friday, but it will be in the one following that. Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Pete

thx for the regedit recommendation. Stuff like this should be hotfixes. Or we need to start asking Epic before doing itunes upgrades.

Or epic can test and post a notice stating do not update itunes immediately until tested etc etc.

A hot fix was released on Friday for 4.6.1.

-Pete