Latest instability in UEFN (Critical)

We have noticed that in the latest 3 updates there has been a lot of server instability and many, many issues introduced in UEFN, Creative and Fortnite, some which are critical yet not hotfixed because of the sheer amount of other issues.

I can’t even make a list because we don’t know yet the extent of the damage. What is happening?

Some of the issues are described in short here: https://twitter.com/Wertandrew/status/1786476029764092225

Would love to have some communication on what brought this devastating wave of bugs to all our experiences (large and small), ideally as a FN Status message so all creators are informed. Also would be nice to appoint a team specifically to address all this instability asap as the whole ecosystem is dying, and I am not kidding, this is serious.

Even small combat experiences are affected, not sure what happened.

I think it is partially due to the upcoming features such as scene graph. Many tasks are being worked on in parallel. It is expected that some bugs crawl in, but if there were some unit tests in place with 80-90% coverage, then new releases would not break essential functionality.

The problem is that managers (and sadly some developers) do not understand the value of unit testing.

I feel breaking many live maps is not super important for them as there are myriads of other maps which are not affected by this specific issue.

2 Likes