Last Of Us - Enviroment

Hello, I started this new project of recreating a scene from the game The last of us part 1. I would love to know your opinion. WORK IN PROGRESS

WEEK 01. WIP

These are my references, I have the environment in general and the props that I will be doing. My idea is to replicate the bar

1 Like

I can only post one image per text since I’m new to the platform :slight_smile:

[image]

1 Like

This week I was working on blocking some props but mostly I gave importance to the proportions of the entire environment.

1 Like

These are the blocking in the props I worked on.

WEEK 01 FINISHED

1 Like

As soon as I read “Last Of Us” I instantly got excited. I’m absolutely thrilled to see what you create with this - and what nightmares you manage to create for us forum dwellers :joy:

2 Likes

Hey! Thank you for taking the time to see the first steps. I’m equally excited and scared about the amount of assets I’ll have to make :joy:

I just realized that I created the forum in Marketplace, is there any way they can change it so Showcase would be the most appropriate site? Thank you

1 Like

Absolutely! I’ll switch it over for ya :slight_smile:

WEEK 02. WIP

Hello, this week I was working on finishing the proportions, putting materials, creating modular geometry, and also windows, doors, etc.
also creating a wooden trimsheet and finally laying the floor and making it vertex painting.

====================

These are the modular pieces I worked on

====================
This is how this modular piece would look with the trimsheet applied. It is not finished so there are many details to improve and the UVs too.

===================
The first pass of V.P. It would look like this, T number 1 without dust, and T number 2 with it. I would add more variations but this is just the beginning.

==================

I think is looking good with only 2 weeks. More work to do!

Thanks for watching the trailer! Remember that if you leave a comment I will read it and appreciate it.

WEEK 02. FINISHED

3 Likes

Last of Us… Cheer on,
We are looking forward to your success! :blush:

1 Like

Thanks for the confidence! I hope to exceed your expectations as much as mine :wink:

WEEK 03. WIP

Hello again! This time I was working on materials, trimsheet, modular bar system, modular roof system, and a table prop. The materials need a lot of work since at the moment I am trying several things to see how everything turns out, I would say that they are making 25% progress in terms of the materials.

============================================================

All the wood is made with the trimsheet in which I am improving, I remember that all this needs a lot of work in terms of textures. I promise it will be much better

This is the modular piece of the bar. I think it turned out pretty good!

These are the previews of the trim sheet. On the right side, as you can see, there is a lot of detail of the HP. This is because I want to try to do a technique that occurred to me to see if it would work, which would be to texture the modular part of the bar counter. I’ll let you know if my idea works or not.

Conclusions of the week. I think I’m making good progress but since I have about 1 and a half months to finish it I’ll have to go faster.

Thanks for watching the WIP! Remember that if you leave a comment I will read it and appreciate it.

WEEK 03. FINISHED

1 Like

WEEK 04. WIP

I am very happy with the progress this week. It was by far the one I put the most work into.
I focused on a lot of things such as improving all the textures, doing vertex painting, making a lot of progress on the wood trimsheet, texturing the bar chair, creating the blocking of the shelf and I’m sure something else left me.

This is how the texturing of the chair looks, in unreal it doesn’t end well since at the moment I don’t have any camera and they are screenshots.

\

I had to place the UVS manually since having several circles with the Layout looked bad. I have 70% UV occupied

An example of vertex painting. I have 3 textures, a base one that is the wooden planks, then one with dust/earth and finally one of the wooden planks but darkened

Conclusions of the week. I think it was the best week in terms of project progress. I don’t have much to show since there were a lot of changes mostly in textures, vp, etc.

Thanks for watching the WIP! Remember that if you leave a comment I will read it and appreciate it.

WEEK 04. FINISHED

1 Like

WEEK 05. WIP

Hello! This week I was working on modeling the furniture, applying trimsheets, putting in a couple of megascan assets and especially working on the lighting. Adding secondary lights and changing various parameters of these. I also made some cinematics and put wooden planks in the windows.

I would like to upload the cinematic video but unfortunately I cannot upload a file larger than 29mb. Therefore, as for them, you will see them at the end of the project :frowning:

Sorry for not uploading the progress in more detail but I did many things but small ones and I don’t want to fill everything. Next week you will see many more changes since I want to focus on the assets 100%

hanks for watching the WIP! Remember that if you leave a comment I will read it and appreciate it.

WEEK 05. FINISHED

1 Like

WEEK 06. WIP

This week I focused 100% on assets. I modified many of the ones I already had and made UVs of them.

I used several tricks in the UVs that I would like to comment on. First of all all I did was put together 5 not so big assets in the scene and to give them the same udim. And so with a texture you can texture all of them.
Also as for the lamp, they have the same UVs. So I don’t waste more space attaching one to each lamp. This means that it has more resolution in one and can put more props for the same UDIM.

Here I did the same trick as before. Put more than 1 asset in the same udim.

And here one more time

Final INDIVIDUAL ASSETS with UVs done :

Here, for example, I did several tricks to save a lot of space in the UVs. What I did was that parts that are not together but that are repeated, make only 1 and duplicate it. So this will have the same UVs and I save space and time when texturing. Each metal bar and screw that passes through the table is the same duplicate and rotated so that the repetition is not seen when I texture it. Even with the players the same, I only did UVs on 2 to have 2 colors.

Asset with NO UVs :

I am happy with the progress. At the moment I won’t make many more since I have the most dominant and important ones and I don’t want to get into a loop of making 1000 assets and not be able to texture everything. (This project has delivery time).

WEEK 06. FINISHED