So after about a year of using Unreal engine 4 for open world projects. I have the following feedback to give.
- A real time GI solution is really needed. Just due to the fact that baking light mass takes a very long time on really large maps.
- Expanding on the Foliage painting tools would be beneficial to help with smaller to mid sized levels that do not use the procedural foliage toolset.
Example: Adding a lasso area selection followed up flood filling the selection with foliage for example.
- Expanding on the spline tools such as adding a river tool and road tool that works with the foliage tools.
Example: Lay down a road or river segment that takes away foliage on the terrain that is overlapping with the segment.
- Being able to Lasso select an area and paint materials on the terrain using a flood fill option in the selection would be beneficial as well.
- A “raise to” tool would be beneficial as well. It would allow much more precision and accuracy when sculpting terrain.
- Being able to branch off a spline from another spline would be very helpful. Especially When making complex things like roads, Rivers, etc.
I have included a video to give some examples of what I mean with #2, #3, and 4.
Thank you for your time,