Laptop runs hot

Hello everyone, I try to make an archviz project of a small university campus in ue5 but my laptop is hitting 100 °C constantly and there is only geometry, not even materials. My project is kinda big , around 100m(x) x 100m(y) x 40m(z) in general , but I had the impression that Nanite tech will make it run fine. I am importing my geo from Rhino6 via datasmith, it keeps every object as a layer on its own and doesnt respect my Rhino layers (so this might be a cause for the hight temperature?). I am not sure what should I do (maybe import it first in Blender and decimate it as much as it is possible?) what actions you would recommend for in this particular case.
(Also I havent done any work on UVs , in blender I used to project the materials as cubes so I didnt had any problem, what would be a fast and corect way to do this in ue , would it be possilbe with Triplanar projection?)

Having blown up one laptop using UE, I can tell you that even manipulating the first person example level for a while, will give you enough heat to cook some eggs.

The only two options are

1. Get a laptop cooler. This does work actually ( random example ):
  1. Get a desktop

I have an ASUS ROG STRIX III with an i7, RTX 2070, and 32GB of RAM and it works absolutely fine for Unreal. No matter how big the project is. If the laptop cooks that is obviously a hardware problem and not a software problem.

To be fair, that’s really a desktop, crammed into a laptop box… :wink:

I have a laptop Helios 300 with a 1660ti, and almost all the time i can keep temperatures in something like 62/67Cº, and on really rare moments it goes up to 70+.

What can you do? i’ve changed on the Energy configuration, and changed the max use of CPU to 99%, and it blocks the overclock that the I7 does on a single core, and instead start using more multiclock to complete tasks, you’re going to lose almost nothing in performance, but will have more than 10Cº decrease on your temperature

Get a laptop cooler

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=laptop+cooler&crid=2WI8YZWN8EEPZ&sprefix=laptop+coole%2Caps%2C153&ref=nb_sb_noss_2