Laptop MSI GS60 Ghost Pro (6qe)

Hello Guys, I’m new here and I was wandering if you can give me some of your advices about a laptop I’m willing to buy.

I know the desktop it’s not even comparable in terms of performance, but I really need a notebook because I move often.

The laptop I found is the MSI GS60 Ghost Pro (6QE) with the following technical specifications:

Chipset: Intel HM170
CPU: Skylake i7-6700HQ (2,6/3,5 Ghz)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5 (Intel HD)
RAM: 2x 8 GB DDR4-2133 (2 slots, max 32GB)
HDD: 1x SSD 128Gb (NVMe M.2 SSD by PCIe Gen3 x4) 1x 2,5 SATA 7.200 rpm (1 TB)
Display: 15,6’’ at 1080x1920px

It has a COOLER BOOST 3 technology, but I’m still worried about the temperature it can reach.

Anyone is working in Unreal Engine 4 with this machine (or equivalent specs)? Do you think this laptop is capable of let UE4 working relatively well?

Thanks in advice.

Yes, that should do very nicely. :slight_smile:

I have that one and I really recommend it. UE4 works great!
I switched the M.2 SSD to a 512GB. Its a bit tricky because it’s like under the motherboard, but there is tutorials on the interwebs. :slight_smile:

Hi, thanks a lot for the reply!
Like I written in the post, I’m a bit worried about the temperature it can reach… Can you tell me something about it?

Yeah it has caught on fire a few times! No not really :stuck_out_tongue:
But sure you can hear the fans when its under load but I always play music in the background so really noting I noticed :slight_smile:
But it!

Hello!

Just giving my 2 cents here. I recently purchased MSI GE62 APACHE-276;9S7-16J212-276 15.6-Inch Gaming Laptop and I got the following specs:

Intel Core i7-5700HQ 2.7-3.5GHz
12 GB (8 GB+4 GB) DDR3L 1600 MHz RAM
1TB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
15.6-Inch Screen; NVIDIA Geforce GTX960M Graphics with 2 GB GDDR5 VRAM
DVD SuperMulti; Windows 10

To share my experience, I really love this laptop. The new 6th gen Intel i7 is awesome! Makes Windows 10 pretty snappy. The SSD system drive boots to the Windows 10 login screen in about five seconds. The USB-3 ports are fast and the HDMI output is handy for throwing to an external monitor. I haven’t used the USB-C port yet as I don’t have any devices that support it. I like that the HDMI and mini-display ports can be used simultaneously for a total of three displays.

The fans are audible, but they aren’t as loud as I thought they’d be. Quieter than the ones that were in my 15-inch MacBook Pro. The Cooler Boost fans are noisier, but not overly obnoxious.

Hello! Thanks a lot for the reply! I’ll go buying the GS60 today! I heard a lot of good things about these MSI laptops, so I finally decided… Hope mine will be exciting as yours! :smiley: