Laptop heating and buzzing while using unreal engine 4.25

I have a problem wit my laptop.
I just downloaded ue4 and I am learning it. Whenever I try to do anything with the engine in 15 mins it starts buzzing. Pls tell me what to do.

Usually, laptops are not up to it, I’m afraid. I blew one up using UE :slight_smile:

The only things you can do is stuff like raising the laptop ( like with a couple of books at the edges ) over a hard surface. Or get a laptop cooler ( it’s a thing with fans you can put on your lap before the laptop ).

Also, you might want to turn the scalability down.

Try to investigate, where max. load is with Task Manager - CPU or GPU or both?
With my laptop (which I got for a very cheap price, a Fujitsu H910 - quite old Nvidia Quadro 3000M), GPU raises up to 100% once UE4Editor is opened, even when doing nothing) I use some tricks to make my workstation be quiet:

• Limit frame rate using t.maxfps console command - this helps a lot (I’,m using 10 FPS)
  • I also do set Realtime Off (Ctrl-R shortcut) in Edtor
  • In Content Browser, setting realtime thumbnails off in View Options
  • Material Editor - try to disable most realtime preview stuff

These are the main settings that help a lot, so my fans are only blowing if actually compiling shaders, baking lighting etc…
Especially with the t.maxfps you need to be aware, that this might have quite some implications, but this one is actually the parameter, that saves my life, otherwise, Editor would almost be unusable for me.

It’s just workarounds, but might be helpful to you.

Laptop heating and buzzing

I blew one up using UE

Give it some breathing room as suggested above and / or get a compressed air canister.

Good advice is good.