Laptop for Unreal Engine

Hello everyone, ‘im italian gamedev in UnrealEngine.
I need a new pc (laptop), for job soon i will have to change place.
I’ can’t use anymore my pc desk and i need a laptop for working in Unreal.
My question is, this pc is good for job whit unrealengine?
Thaks in advace programmers!

Link: Levono Ideapag 710S Plus

Intel Core i5-6200U Processor( 2,30GHz 1866MHz 3MB)
Windows 10 Home 64
13,3" FHD IPS AntiGlare LED Backlight 1920x1080
NVIDIA GeForce GT 940MX 2GB 2GB
8.0GB PC4-2400 DDR4 SODIMM 2400 MHz
512GB SSD PCIe
4 Cell Li-Polymer

I would say that is a very poor choice for a laptop, that integrated Intel graphics just really isnt up to par with what Unreal needs.

Buying a new laptop now for UnrealEngine…you really should be buying one with the nVidia Pascal graphics. A GTX 1060-equipped laptop will be very nice with UE.

You’ll want more than 128GB HDD as well. By the time you have windows and all it’s gubbins, Visual Studio, a couple of UE engine versions + debug symbols etc you will be running out.

256 GB SSD is definitely the minimum I’d suggest for UE4. A few projects, software, and assets quickly fill up that space if you are non managing it, especially once you add a few games for “research” purposes.

mmh ok… thanks all! <3

Please tell me, with this laptop i can work on Unreal Engine? Whitout “lag”

“Without lag”? You will definitely experience graphical performance issues (i.e. lag).

CPU: Intel Core i7 7500U Dual Core 2.7GHz (up to 3.5GHz) AND Graphics chipset: Intel HD Graphics 620 will be your biggest issue when running UE4 and development projects. The GPU is too week. You’ll experience a lot of UE4 lag in development and rendering projects. In addition, the laptop will likely run at 100% constantly and run HOT!

That laptop’s purpose is for very casual gaming, web, and online movies. Game development will be taxing and slow on this laptop.

Thanks NuhUh!!!
But in “my” new house unfortunately i can’t use a desktop computer…
I need a laptop and for now i search it for buy.
What you think of this pc, please?

**Levono Ideapad 710S Plus

Intel Core i5-6200U Processor( 2,30GHz 1866MHz 3MB)
Windows 10 Home 64
13,3" FHD IPS AntiGlare LED Backlight 1920x1080
NVIDIA GeForce GT 940MX 2GB 2GB
8.0GB PC4-2400 DDR4 SODIMM 2400 MHz
512GB SSD PCIe
4 Cell Li-Polymer

If U are having problems choosing from hundreds of brands then stic to a single one first then see the minimum system requirement… for UE4 to run then U buy

I do it Gupta, but not specific the minimum, and i don’t know if with “Intel Core i5-6200U Processor( 2,30GHz 1866MHz 3MB)” i have problem to work with unreal engine.
That’s why I asked help, sorry.

Well I work on an Dell Inspiron 7559 - i5 6300, 8GB RAM, GTX 960m and it runs pretty smooth. Maybe not perfect, but so far pretty smooth.

Can you give us a price range that we can work with? Easier for us to pick for you.

Some very good video research:

Top 5 Budget Gaming Laptopshttps://youtube.com/watch?v=s0mXMTjZy5M
Top 5 Premium Game Laptops

Thanks to all! I love this pc: Ideapad 710s Plus | Notebook all'avanguardia  | Lenovo Italia
But i dont know if it’s good for Unreal

I second this