Download

Laptop for beginning learning 3d level design and modeling

Will be going to college to begin learning game design and development, and was looking for a laptop that could support 3d game engines (unity/unreal), 3d modeling programs (Maya/Blender) and art and sound creation programs (Kirta/ Garage band and audacity). Looking through users and professionals recommendations and requirements I feel I’ve found two that close to what I could use and just wanted some feedback or suggestions anyone else might have before I make the purchase. I’ll link the sites I found them on below and please keep in mind for suggestions IT MUST BE a laptop not a pc.

1st option ASUS ROG STRIX SCAR 17 ASUS ROG Strix SCAR 17 G733QR-DS98 | Extreme Laptop Series - XOTIC PC

fairly upgradable from the site I found although could not tell if gpu was dedicated or integrated, and body I believe is plastic which can affect battery and thermals I think.

2nd Lenovo Legion 5 Pro Amazon.com: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro Gen 6 AMD Gaming Laptop, 16.0" QHD IPS 165Hz, Ryzen 7 5800H, GeForce RTX 3060 6GB, TGP 130W, Win 10 Home, 32GB RAM | 1TB PCIe SSD, Tikbot HDMI Cable Bundle : Electronics

it may have lower cpu/gpu/ram from the Asus but was still still pretty close and for cheaper and I thought with cheaper price could use money to upgrade the ram later on and also “claims” to have a MUX switch for the gpu. Also I think as a metal body as opposed to plastic.

I will say regarding these two I heard and read from both customers and professionals claim some common problems with these two share include weight (which doesn’t really matter to me) battery life (not to big of a deal breaker) thermals as both seem to run hotter that other models, and fan noise ( not really a problem for me). These are the two I thought were good for their price range but I also saw two that were a close second to each I’ll link them below but felt the above were better for price but let me know what any of you think and what you might suggest.

An MSI GE 75 Raider_https://xoticpc.com/products/msi-ge75-raider-10sfs-477 /// An Predator Helios 300 Acer_https://www.newegg.com/p/2WC-000K-00TB4

Repost bad.

Also, both look fine.