When the landscape tool is used, the mountains are the same material as the rest of the world. Is there a way to make the mountains a different material?
Sure. Here’s all you need:
When you want a video tutorial: Texturing a Landscape in UE4 (Unreal Engine 4) - YouTube Unreal Engine 4 Tutorial: Landscape Tool (english) - YouTube
Thanks for the resources!
Well another issue has popped up. I watched the first video, did exactly as told, and yet my terrain ended up black.
- you have to connect the nodes (like in the video)
- assign the material to your landscape
- open the paint tab of the landscape tool
- now you should see a + beside the layers - click on it and create a layer
- start painting on the landscape
After reconnecting the nodes (I had forgotten I had unconnected them) and following your instructions, the terrain is still black and I get this error message when I attempt to click on one of the layers.
As I mentioned above, click on the litte “+” beside the layers and create a new layer -> now you can paint
Oh I’m an idiot. Sorry about that