Landscape weight maps don't work correctly

Hi!

I’m trying to create a complete realistic terrain procedurally with world machine and UE, following this guide: A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Unreal Engine Forums

I managed to set the heightmap of the terrain and to set a (currently) simple landscape material with 4 layers, but then when I import the terrain (after setting the weight maps and creating all the layer infos) the result is different from the render in World Machine! Here some screenshots:

217273-
][3]

As you can see, the colors (boe, green red, purple) don’t match in the two software, altought the masks are the same. It looks like in UE
Someone has any idea?
Thanks!!

(P.S. I know the terrain doesn’t look great for now, I will adjust it a lot in the future but to do this is necessary fot me to find a solution to this :wink: )

Assuming that all your layers are either height or weight blended, you should be aware, that when you are importing a weightmap into a layer, all other layers are balanced out to always maintain a sum of all weightmaps at any given place at 1.
So, when you are importing a weightmaps as mask, you need to import weightmaps in certain order.

Alternatively, you can ensure that your weightmaps are already weighted to a sum of 1 in world machine. There should be a special node for this.

Hi Deathrey, thanks for the reply.
so the masks are balanced to create a total weight of 1; maybe is a (super) silly question, but how do I get the weight of a layer in UE editor? Where can I read it?

so…nothing? XD

LandscapeLayerWeight material expression does that.