Landscape Textures Disappearing

I’m encountering an issue with my landscape materials after importing distribution splat maps for my landscape material layers on a large 16 km x 8 km terrain in Unreal Engine 5. Initially, everything seems fine, but after a few seconds, the textures in certain regions of the landscape disappear. These areas lose their material entirely, as shown in the attached screenshot. I’m using 5 layers, and this issue occurred after importing the distribution maps for my last layer.

I’ve tried reimporting the splat maps and double-checked the landscape material setup, but the problem still persists in specific areas. Has anyone experienced a similar issue, or does anyone know of potential solutions to this?
I’ve also noticed that when I restart the project, all textures appear correctly for the first few seconds, but they disappear again shortly after.

If I had to guess. Shaders aren’t compiling right. If you’re using level streaming. Maybe data just needs rebuilding?

If you have an auto layer and you aren’t painting the landscape with a brush. Maybe go to your auto layer and refill the landscape too

I’m importing distribution maps to fill my landscape layers, but I’ve been running into a recurring issue. After I reimport the maps, everything looks fine at first—all the textures are there. But after a few seconds, some of the textures disappear. I think the shaders are compiling correctly because they appear initially, but then some of them disappear.

This has happened multiple times when I’m working with large landscapes. Sometimes everything is fine, but other times, this issue occurs, and I’m not sure why.