Landscape still thinks it has asigned the old material

Hello!

I got a really weird (for me) problem.
I had one basic landscape material and i tried to create other landscape materials…more complex.

I removed the layer blends from the LandscapeLayerBlend node and the layer info from the landscape paint tool. Also i deleted the layer info from the content browser.

I created a new material with two layers blends. (“Grass” and “sss”) and two layer info. When i asigned the new material to the landscape, no mather what i tried, the landscape would remain black.

After many tests, i tried addind again the layer blends to the first material with the same names (“Grass” and “sss”).

After doing that, the landscape could be painted…but with the textures from the first material…even though the material asigned to the landscape was the second one.

Which makes me think that the landscape somehow thinks that it still has the first material asigned to it, not the second one.

Is there a way to refresh the materials for the landscape?

I will attach images with this problem also.

First material

Second material

Landscape paint

Check so that all your landscape proxys also have the right material applied to them not only the main landscape.

2 Likes

Thank you!
You are right :D. The old material somehow was persisting in the proxy!

Thank you Radsburied it made me crazy I thought my hole level is broken and I need to restart

No worries! Happy to help :slight_smile:

1 Like