Hi, When using a custom collision with a landscape spline mesh the following issue occurs. I am confident that I am using the correct setup, both in the exported mesh fromMaya and the settings in UE4.
Here are the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Create the spline mesh (for me in Maya).
- Add a custom collision (in Maya).
- Here is the end result when adding railing and collision to the road. Notice the correct naming.
- Export the mesh and the collision and import it into UE4. In the import settings I turned off Auto Generate Collision.
- In the mesh viewer I can see that the collision has been exported, but it is not working properly. In step 3 you can see that the collision has a lot of subdivisions, they seem to have dissappeared in UE4. I did some testing and noticed that if I give every other line an offset, it works better, so something seems to go wrong if all lines are alligned on the same axis.
- The issue that occurs is that the subdivisions in the collision is not imported correctly. When this mesh is being used with a spline, the mesh itself deforms correctly but the collision is not.
- As you can see, it appears as if the subdivisions are gone form the collision mesh, making the collision appear as very blocky and not as smooth as the spline mesh.
- However, on the left side of the mesh (the outer side of the corner) there seem to be some subdivisions.
- I am really not sure what to think about this, but driving on it is not smooth at all so something is wrong here.
All help is appreciated! Cheers