Landscape sculpting and painting not working like it should

When I try to use the brush it doesn’t work where I click. If I click in one spot it won’t work but if I go a little to the right or a little to the left it might work. Painting over my whole landscape with every layer will make it work again for a little bit but then it goes back to working only in spots. I believe compiling shaders is what makes it work for a little bit. It’s like the landscape is being broken up into a grid with a bunch of squares and instead of it registering where my brush is it’ll only sculpt or paint grid by grid. Can’t find the problem in the code either. Updated engine version from 4.19 to 4.23 too. Don’t think that’d be the issue but it’s possible. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

It’s to do with the resolution of your landscape and the amount of layers.

If you try to paint at a finer resolution than you have, it wont work. Also if you fiddle around with a lot of layers it can be hard sometimes to make one shine though. The solution is to just fill the landscape with one material and redo it.

As for the res, I think you can change the resolution without having to redo the whole thing by going to landscape mode and using the ‘manage’ menu…

That didn’t work. I increased and decreased resolution and it didn’t work. Also, it still does it even when I completely delete my landscape material so I don’t know if it has anything to do with my material. Something should be happening constantly that is only happening when I paint over my whole landscape with my layers. I’m going to now try and completely redo my landscape material so that completely new layerinfos are added